The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #100) [China]

IMG_8304.gif

HDzeta leather one-click box and full slip artwork disappointed me and all Korean collectors. The blue pen will have to go a different way from the Zeta. Don't make a face at the bottom of the slipcase spine, please. It's too tacky.

Leather editions sucked as$, even my 20 year old DVD digipacks are better, so I'll be all over these Blufans editions... hopefully.

The HDZ leather OC boxes are lovely. Lenti slips are nice as well. FS's suck and artwork on the steels ain't the best either

Blufans just need to give us classic artwork on the steels
This. Boxes and lentis are lovely. Steels are about as good as they could be, given the remaining studio art. FS' were absolute dogshite though and I'm very glad I managed to sell them just before these were announced. Space for a blufans DL now lol

Why even release the movies seperately in the first place? LOTR is one 11 hour movie as far as I am concerned. Like, who is going to buy Two Towers but not the other movies? That was one of the reasons I wasn't so in love with the HDZeta ones, the big box to house the leather cases was ugly a.f. There is so much potential in a nice leather edition for the trilogy in one package. No one click b.s. with multiple full slips, just the extended versions and all special feature disc in a nice housing and packaging. That's pretty much all I want for that movie. It will always be impossible to beat the book case edition, I just want these companies to at least try :p

Reactions: yeslek
Well I’ll be going for this, I think. And if Weet puts out a set, I’ll get it. Hell, I’ll even get one form manta (and I rarely get multiple premiums, but it’s LOTR), to go along with my HDZ and UHD Club (which are pretty awesome looking, IMO.

God I really hope weet and manta don’t jump on these. Annoying enough when they all do the same films, even more annoying when artworks are limited and they try doing their own thing and not commission new work or use existing great alternate posters

Didnt expect blufans do these titels. Very curious about the artworks, like someone metioned before its quite limited. Still happy with hdzeta though:drool: those steels are gorgeous as for the lenticulars. The fullslips are a disappointment artwork wise. The boxes are to stunning in my opinion. The leather with the golden lettering is something i adore. But each to their own offcourse :cigar:

Reactions: samdavies
God I really hope weet and manta don’t jump on these. Annoying enough when they all do the same films, even more annoying when artworks are limited and they try doing their own thing and not commission new work or use existing great alternate posters

Manta will 100% do these eventually

• Haha
Reactions: MM3 and Flloydo
Then they better do all-new artwork, maybe discless so there's more freedom for that...
That just won't happen. The Tolkien estate needs sign off on anything lotr related, so it's really strict with artwork. Also its WB, so manta can get discs, and again, the estate will want cuts of disc sales.

Manta will 100% do these eventually
So zeta used the Red, blue and green art on OCs, Blu fans I’m hoping use them on full slips, what’s Manta gone use them as, lentis? Lol

Well I hope Manta don’t tackle them. Because they’ll use still shots. American psycho, great they are releasing it. But it’s limited art again and it shows. Steel is great, using a decent artist. And the OC box has some thought and creativity put into it But the slips are all pretty poor. It’s the gimmick side that people like about the FS and DL A. Myself included.
FS comes with a blood soaked PET which is rare, possibly a first for a Full Slip. And the DL A changes imagery lining up like the fight club DL A but the artworks chosen (except the back of the FS) are all boring and or stills of the film. It’s the other part that makes them work. Manta will be stuck on artworks if they release lotr

Reactions: samdavies
So zeta used the Red, blue and green art on OCs, Blu fans I’m hoping use them on full slips, what’s Manta gone use them as, lentis? Lol

Well I hope Manta don’t tackle them. Because they’ll use still shots. American psycho, great they are releasing it. But it’s limited art again and it shows. Steel is great, using a decent artist. And the OC box has some thought and creativity put into it But the slips are all pretty poor. It’s the gimmick side that people like about the FS and DL A. Myself included.
FS comes with a blood soaked PET which is rare, possibly a first for a Full Slip. And the DL A changes imagery lining up like the fight club DL A but the artworks chosen (except the back of the FS) are all boring and or stills of the film. It’s the other part that makes them work. Manta will be stuck on artworks if they release lotr

k