The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDZeta Exclusive Gold Label) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he intend to recut the movies?
I don’t think so. The extended versions are the Director’s cuts.
But I am sure he wants to oversee QC and 4K scans - and probably introduce more extras (if that is possible! The extended set extras were epic!)
if you do some googling you will see that he really wanted to do an epic Blu ray set, and Warner (for some stupid reason) wanted nothing to do with it. (this was before he did The Hobbit Trilogy) So I think if ye still plans to do this - it would include the Hobbit movies and be the Ultimate Middle Earth MegaSet.
20th anniversary would be a perfect opportunity. (Unless the work involved would make him push it off until 25th anniversary).
But there is plenty of documentation of him on record saying that this is something he wants to do.
now, if Warner Bros. Can finally get onboard with the idea - that would be great.
we all know that there needs to be an official PJ LOTR/HOBBIT 4K MegaBoxset to Rule Them All!
5F764259-D8DB-4FF2-81ED-4394EECC9A6D.png

No no this is gold edition. We should be able to book it even online just to make sure we are ready on the moment it goes live. I’m pretty sure on this. Only I silver edition screws us mainly because of lower print run and targeted to local markets.
Not sure it's even set in stone that they will even be Gold Label yet as per the info we've been given elsewhere....

2020 HDZeta release plan

Gold label
Shazam
Joker
Lord of rings (May change to silver label if any WWA steelbook)
Birds of Prey
Tenet
Dune
Wonder Woman 1984
Terminator Dark fate (TBC)
Mystery title (TBC)

Silver label
Mule
Bumblebee (might change to sale as empty)
Pets 2
Man in Black international
Hobbs and Shaw
KingKong
Oz
Apollo 13
Inglourious Basterds
Jaws
Back to the future trilogy
Jumanji the next level
Doctor sleep
Bad boys
Joker (TBC)
IT2 (empty)

• Helpful Post
  • Informative
Reactions: Chokwe and tommyh84
Not going to worry about this or get jaded with silver line shenanigans (looking at you 'Shawshank Inception'.) Given the trilogy, this will just turn out to be like the MoS thread, so I'm just going to casually save up and come back in approximately two years time when it's available. See you all later, I know it will be fun on the slow journey to this being actually released something akin to meandering in Fellowship of the Ring :thumbs:

I don’t think so. The extended versions are the Director’s cuts.
But I am sure he wants to oversee QC and 4K scans - and probably introduce more extras (if that is possible! The extended set extras were epic!)
if you do some googling you will see that he really wanted to do an epic Blu ray set, and Warner (for some stupid reason) wanted nothing to do with it. (this was before he did The Hobbit Trilogy) So I think if ye still plans to do this - it would include the Hobbit movies and be the Ultimate Middle Earth MegaSet.
20th anniversary would be a perfect opportunity. (Unless the work involved would make him push it off until 25th anniversary).
But there is plenty of documentation of him on record saying that this is something he wants to do.
now, if Warner Bros. Can finally get onboard with the idea - that would be great.
we all know that there needs to be an official PJ LOTR/HOBBIT 4K MegaBoxset to Rule Them All!
View attachment 459351
Come on Warner Bros., stop acting like the Marx Bros. and let Peter Jackson do what he wants to do with his films. He has earned that.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Not as big a LOTR/Hobbit fan as many here but I have the extended trilogy blu ray boxsets and think they are pretty nice as they are - to be honest they satisfy my wants for a box set of each trilogy packaging and content wise

I despise the Middle Earth Collection bookshelf packaging because it can easily damage discs and if they consolidate the 15 or so LotR bonus discs to a single disc for each movie, and the steelbooks are gorgeous, then you bet I want premium steelbook editions.

But three separate editions for each instead of singles in trilogy OC box? Ugh. Dark Knight all over again. It’s safe to state that HDZeta is pretty much dead for collectors outside of China now, right? Bummer, that just leaves FilmArena for my preferred type of slips.

Reactions: Leafs17
I have the trilogy in the original theatrical DVD releases, then the extended collector's edition DVD releases, followed by the Blu-ray complete box set. I guess adding another 4K premium box set wouldn't hurt neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.