The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDZeta Exclusive Gold Label) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The extended Book Style New Line DVD sets were so nice that I never got rid of them. i still have them juste because they are so well done.
Ditto, but I’m gonna sell my Blu Ray disks. Don’t need those if we’re getting 4K in the fall. I’m gonna give them a look over the next month then say goodbye for a few months. I also liked that we got a case for the 3 extended editions. Don’t recall if it was free, but if it wasn’t, it was reasonably priced....hell I think I generally paid about 20 bucks for each Extended movie, which was really a bargain.

Ditto, but I’m gonna sell my Blu Ray disks. Don’t need those if we’re getting 4K in the fall. I’m gonna give them a look over the next month then say goodbye for a few months. I also liked that we got a case for the 3 extended editions. Don’t recall if it was free, but if it wasn’t, it was reasonably priced....hell I think I generally paid about 20 bucks for each Extended movie, which was really a bargain.
I dunno - the Japanese extended LOTR/Hobbit Blu rays are just about as pretty as the New Line DVD sets. (They basically are the carbon copies of the New Line DVD box sets -but with The Hobbit added.)

Would it be even possible to make an extended edition premium 4K steelbook edition?

Originally the extended editions had 5 discs per film. Then add your 4K disc (or discs) on top. How are all these discs supposed to be contained within a single steelbook?

I'm guessing these will be bare bones releases. Minimum effort for maximum profit......

Would it be even possible to make an extended edition premium 4K steelbook edition?

Originally the extended editions had 5 discs per film. Then add your 4K disc (or discs) on top. How are all these discs supposed to be contained within a single steelbook?

I'm guessing these will be bare bones releases. Minimum effort for maximum profit......
The reason those were 5 discs was because it was 2 BD-50 discs and 3 DVDs.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Wait you people would actually open and watch these copies :oops:

Absolutley not.

received_460398244655887.gif

I dunno - the Japanese extended LOTR/Hobbit Blu rays are just about as pretty as the New Line DVD sets. (They basically are the carbon copies of the New Line DVD box sets -but with The Hobbit added.)
I”m referring to the standard EE release of LOTR in the USA and they’re not similar see pic below.

Attachments

• 1245C2E0-ECBC-4FE5-A762-300570843CBE.jpeg
    1245C2E0-ECBC-4FE5-A762-300570843CBE.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 666
Reactions: C.C. 95
i am sure this will be a must-buy for many! :watch: :woot: if it's anything like the Dark Knight trilogy set, this will be epic. :wow: good luck to our Fellowship of all Ninjas seeking this out. :thumbs:

my collection - and, more to the point, my available space! - means i have to think harder than i used to about new versions of films i already own. i was in a priveleged position at the time to be able to get the faux-leatherbound bookshelf set of both trilogies, and i have never regretted it for one moment. the mad things is now that buying a couple of OCs will meet or exceed the price i paid for that at the time. how things change - and how costs go up. :greedy:
Peter Jackson still wants to do an uber set under his supervision. Warners turned him down years ago, and maybe he will try again on the 20th anniversary.
As nice as this will probably be - be aware that at some point there will be a Peter Jackson Mega Set, and the double dip will be a forgone conclusion.
yeah, i know the bookshelf set is not Jackson-approved, but i think it will do me permanently. if i decide i really need the 4Ks, i'll just swap them in.
I despise the Middle Earth Collection bookshelf packaging because it can easily damage discs
fair enough, i know not everyone likes those sort of disc inserts, but they are glossed at the back, and i've never had an issue with them. maybe i have just been lucky so far, sorry to hear if you have had any issues.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I still have all of the extras discs from the blu rays in the DVD box set, and the Blu Rays of the regular and extended editions live in the steelbooks. That DVD set packaging is just beautiful.

Reactions: C.C. 95
This is a must for me. It will take quite a bit of convincing the girlfriend that the money leaving our account will be well spent on this.
She says there seems to be a ****-erotic vibe going on amongst the three main hobbits, Frodo, Samwise & Pippin. "What the hell" I told her.
I never noticed this. Any one else notice this? Or does my girlfriend just have a perverse streak in her?

This is a must for me. It will take quite a bit of convincing the girlfriend that the money leaving our account will be well spent on this.
She says there seems to be a ****-erotic vibe going on amongst the three main hobbits, Frodo, Samwise & Pippin. "What the hell" I told her.
I never noticed this. Any one else notice this? Or does my girlfriend just have a perverse streak in her?
:LOL:
You can read anything into anything.
Batman had a young male orphan living with him - dressed him in tights, drove him around in a convertible and introduced him to his batcave where he keeps his “secret truth” hidden. Oh, and they get there by sliding down his batpole.
see?

yep, we've always joked about that. it's sufficiently ambiguous to be reading too much into it, or to be deliberate, but either way it underpins the strength of their bond. a very quick look just now shows loads of comp videos on YouTube who think the same, too, plus probably tons of fan fiction. but such is the internet. :LOL:

Who is this IRON MAN?

I’ll be honest. That stumped me for a second. Never seen the name, super mod, big reaction score and post count. Then it clicked. But it did confuse me.

I honestly didn’t realise we could change our names. I’ve genuinely wanted to do that for ages now

• Haha
Reactions: Mickle_89
I’ll be honest. That stumped me for a second. Never seen the name, super mod, big reaction score and post count. Then it clicked. But it did confuse me.

I honestly didn’t realise we could change our names. I’ve genuinely wanted to do that for ages now

To be honest, its pretty lame nick now :D Apollon was better :p

• Haha
Reactions: harry and Mickle_89
Status
Not open for further replies.