The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: December 1, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $119.99
Note: Includes Theatrical and Extended cuts
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

350F345E-5107-480E-B3BB-658B65338DEB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, I was able to switch my from Store Pickup to ship to home since there aren’t any within 250 miles
strange. I looked yesterday and never saw it available...and still don't :(

Oh well. I'll just sit back and wait to see what happens in the summer and/or fall. Worse comes to worse, I'll pick up the standard release when it's on sale. I just watched the trilogy a few months back and then sold my blu rays set.

strange. I looked yesterday and never saw it available...and still don't :(

Oh well. I'll just sit back and wait to see what happens in the summer and/or fall. Worse comes to worse, I'll pick up the standard release when it's on sale. I just watched the trilogy a few months back and then sold my blu rays set.
Seems like it sold out again, i think it was available for a couple hours. I know multiple people were able to place the order. Sorry to hear you couldn’t.
Seems like a more complete edition is coming in summer, I’m sure they’ll make another set of steelbooks to milk it as much as they possibly can.

Reactions: Steely-Booked
Seems like it sold out again, i think it was available for a couple hours. I know multiple people were able to place the order. Sorry to hear you couldn’t.
Seems like a more complete edition is coming in summer, I’m sure they’ll make another set of steelbooks to milk it as much as they possibly can.
The only reason I didn’t order this is because of the summer edition, but the digital bits review indicated there’d only be one new extra (presumably for each movie), which isn’t very compelling, especially since I’ll be buying the Hobbit movies and the 2 I saw weren’t great (parts 1/2). I think PJ would have been wise to make no more than 2 movies and arguably 1, but I can wait and see what it is and what it costs. Worst case I just buy the amray set. I’ll always have the extras from the DVD set, should I decide to spend a few weeks watching them again.

the digital bits review indicated there’d only be one new extra (presumably for each movie)
I think the new extra will cover the restoration process. There is already short clip of this on YouTube which WB are using to promote the 4K release.

If you happen to own the movies on iTunes (recently upgraded to 4K for free), they now include digital copies of all the original extras (8-9 hours per movie). Still just is SD though as that is the only source.