Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 3, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £24.99
Notes: Steelbook Finishes • Overall matte • Spot Gloss on Title Treatment (front) • Debossed Title Treatment and Character (front) • Debossed Title Treatment (reverse)

Maltese Falcon.jpg

The Maltese Falcon Jcard.jpg The Maltese Falcon Front.jpg The Maltese Falcon Back.jpg The Maltese Falcon Open 2.jpg The Maltese Falcon Inside.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad we still live in a world where, every so often, a steelbook release will hit and I'll think "hey....that's nice" as opposed to my typical lackluster response..
Hmm yeah... we win some, we lose some! More the latter, but gotta appreciate the wins when we do finally get them.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
Just remembered I also have the previous steel... I still haven't actually bothered to watch the film yet though lol.
agree with @MrSquifler, this is a must watch. :woot: IMHO, the definitive film noir (i even showed it to a mate who asked me to define film noir, as he was not sure what it meant).

one of those great films that they rarely make these days where the plot and script are sharp and rattle along at pace, and the film expects you to keep up.

i've got the previous original poster steel, too (as below, which is hugely disingenuous as a poster, since Bogart doesn't fire a single gun in the film!), but this new edition is for once great (actually, let's be honest, better) artwork...

s-l500.jpg

Reactions: Noodles
  • Commentary by Bogart Biographer Eric Lax
  • Featurette The Maltese Falcon: One Magnificent Bird
  • Breakdowns of 1941: Studio Blooper Reel
  • Makeup Tests
  • Becoming Attractions: The Trailers of Humphrey Bogart
  • Warner Night at the Movies 1941
  • Short Subjects Gallery
  • Newsreel
  • Musical Short The Gay Parisian
  • 2 Classic Cartoons: Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt and Meet John Doughboy
  • Trailers of This Movie, 1941's Sergeant York and 1936’s Previous Falcon Movie Adaptation Satan Met a Lady
  • Audio-Only Bonus: 3 Radio Show Adaptations - 2 Featuring the Movie's Original Stars, Plus Another Starring Edward G. Robinson

Steelbook Finish
Overall matte
Spot Gloss on Title Treatment (front)
Debossed Title Treatment and Character (front)
Debossed Title Treatment (reverse)

If it's satin matte then this could turn out to be really nice... bossing on both front and back sounds great!

Hoping Best Buy or Walmart get this. Or Target.

In the past I would use Zavvi, but after the run around they put me thru I doubt they'll ever see another dollar of mine. Who knows. Maybe if they give me a 100 dollar credit I might consider it.

How does WB do with their shipping? I think they have a US resource page.