Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 3, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £24.99
Notes: Steelbook Finishes • Overall matte • Spot Gloss on Title Treatment (front) • Debossed Title Treatment and Character (front) • Debossed Title Treatment (reverse)

Maltese Falcon.jpg

The Maltese Falcon Jcard.jpg The Maltese Falcon Front.jpg The Maltese Falcon Back.jpg The Maltese Falcon Open 2.jpg The Maltese Falcon Inside.jpg

Last edited:
Hoping Best Buy or Walmart get this. Or Target.

In the past I would use Zavvi, but after the run around they put me thru I doubt they'll ever see another dollar of mine. Who knows. Maybe if they give me a 100 dollar credit I might consider it.

How does WB do with their shipping? I think they have a US resource page.
WB Shop UK
Is UK delivery address only

Also available from Amazon UK
They ship to USA

Zavvi UK website at the moment is no longer providing the option to order if delivery address is outside UK
Zavvi EU websites not even listing DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases since a few days ago

Zavvi USA website no longer listing UK/Ireland releases
USA only releases listed as option to pre order
I have contaced Zavvi awating there reply as to why they no longer letting customers based outside UK order UK/Ireland DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases

Zavvi replied to me the following

Hi, you may have noticed a few changes to some of our Zavvi stores and the removal of various products across certain locales.
We are sorry for any disappointment caused by this
We do have some exciting plans for Zavvi that we can't wait to share with you in the future!

Not sure what this means
Some exciting plans for Zavvi that we can't wait to share with you in the future!

Zavvi replied to me the following

Hi, you may have noticed a few changes to some of our Zavvi stores and the removal of various products across certain locales.
We are sorry for any disappointment caused by this
We do have some exciting plans for Zavvi that we can't wait to share with you in the future!

Not sure what this means
Some exciting plans for Zavvi that we can't wait to share with you in the future!
It means they have some expensive, lack-lustre plans that they can't wait disappoint us with soon-ish :thumbs:

Zavvi has been s*** for a while now. Expensive shipping to Canada. 50% of my orders come damaged. Lack of finishing compared to the North American versions, which used to be the opposite during Zavvi's heyday. The only disappointing thing is losing the Zavvi exclusives. Someone posted on Reddit that Zavvi said it was temporary until April. But who knows with Zavvis's lack of clarity.

WB Shop UK
Is UK delivery address only

Also available from Amazon UK
They ship to USA

Zavvi UK website at the moment is no longer providing the option to order if delivery address is outside UK
Zavvi EU websites not even listing DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases since a few days ago

Zavvi USA website no longer listing UK/Ireland releases
USA only releases listed as option to pre order
I have contaced Zavvi awating there reply as to why they no longer letting customers based outside UK order UK/Ireland DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases
This is a horrible decision. I have given them QUITE a bit of £s over the years. Now they will lose all that to Amazon? Pretty stupid.
Since the Zavvi US store does not have many of the releases I buy that are EU releases- It does not mean that I simply pivot from Zavvi uk to zavvi u.s. - it means I pivot from zavvi entirely.... to someone else. Almost everything I buy from Zavvi is not available in the Zavvi u.s. store. This means they lose my business entirely- and I am sure my case is not unique. This could potentially be one their dumbest moves ever.

Zavvi has been s*** for a while now. Expensive shipping to Canada. 50% of my orders come damaged. Lack of finishing compared to the North American versions, which used to be the opposite during Zavvi's heyday. The only disappointing thing is losing the Zavvi exclusives. Someone posted on Reddit that Zavvi said it was temporary until April. But who knows with Zavvis's lack of clarity.
*Orders coming damaged is your delivery person/post office not the retailer.

*Orders coming damaged is your delivery person/post office not the retailer.

I have about 250 steelbooks from zavvi. maybe 2 got damaged In 10+ Years of getting them.
almost always, it is your delivery person/post office doing the damage.
And how would you call it if you would get a PERFECT STATE PACKAGE but inside your SteelBooks would be ALL DAMAGED?

I also had no issues with Zavvi orders in the beginning (several years ago), but starting slightly before pandemic, I started to receive ONLY damaged, and those were only at the SteelBooks, not on the packaging (just sometimes, just MINOR things on the package, but that was also before, when I received good SteelBooks all the times). If I would just show you the damages on the TIN BOX of Star Wars and some other Zavvi exclusives that I had to keep due to „no longer in stock”, you would not believe that was done by the courier; and would be curious of what would you/anyone had said/do in that exact same situation.

Therefore, I had to conclude (in many occasions) that those were sent to me as such, already damaged, and sent as such, ESPECIALLY where they believed that this could be „accepted” by the buyer, or be put on shipper fault (which, it is also Zavvi's responsibility until the products are delivered to the buyer). And I've told them so, and they did not argued, just sent the replacements. That always sounded like an „unspoken agreement” to me, and I believe to you/anyone else too.

Exciting news - are they’re going to stop selling crap Steelbooks
My opinion is that they would end up with just releasing those (so called) Collector Editions with either WWA SteelBooks or even with just plain Amarays or hopefully MediaBooks. And those would be fewer and fewer, as the „physical media” is fading out... slowly, but seems inevitably, unfortunately.
Zavvi would gradually switch to (JUST) apparel, garments and home-stuff as to REAL COLLECTORS bigger things, like statuettes and such.

I just got my FNAC copy, this is a great classy Steelbook, the embossing/debossing is awesome!
Strange this hasn’t been announced yet for the US (unless I missed it). I might just order one from Fnac. Will get here in a day and with a better chance of arriving without damage than if I wait and eventually order from a U.S. retailer.

Reactions: tono06
Strange this hasn’t been announced yet for the US (unless I missed it). I might just order one from Fnac. Will get here in a day and with a better chance of arriving without damage than if I wait and eventually order from a U.S. retailer.
Do it bud! FNAC is awesome! I’m thinking on canceling my Superman set from Amazon and get it from them; I got the pirate’s set and it was packaged really well!

Reactions: JGCramp
Do it bud! FNAC is awesome! I’m thinking on canceling my Superman set from Amazon and get it from them; I got the pirate’s set and it was packaged really well!
Their return process can be a hassle in the rare event that something arrives damaged, but I totally agree that they're awesome. Just about everything arrives pristine and (knock on wood) I've never received a spine slash from Fnac.

I've (begrudingly) got the Superman set preordered with Amazon, too. Fnac's release date is listed for April 26, so it you preorder from Fnac then you'll have probably it by the 27th. If it's mint then you can just cancel the Amazon order. They won't have charged you yet anyway since the US release was pushed back into May.

Reactions: tono06