Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 17th, 2015
Purchase link: The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Price: EUR 24.99

91-HcPsGx+L._SX522_.jpg

71+8Pqq-9YL._SX522_.jpg 91M9k9WEYML._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That was unexpected, just had a dispatch email and found mine has been sent via the courier Amazon Logistics with an estimated delivery date of 22nd December!

When I ordered it said 23rd-24th December was the estimated delivery date; if it does arrive on the 22nd that'll be before I go see family for the Christmas holidays! :D

Reactions: C.C. 95
one of my copies have a painting error / discoloration so need a replacement ...damn, need a replacement from amazon again -.-

Not only did my copy turn up two days early, but the Steelbook turned out to be even nicer than I expected too so I'm rather happy! :)

The steelbook uses a matte finish for the yellow parts however Henry Cavill & Armie Hammer on the front and Alicia Vikander on the back all have a nice spot gloss finish.
The German parts throughout the film have hard coded English subtitles (not German) - I didn't expect that from the German release so that was a nice surprise.

Audio: English Dolby Atmos, German Dolby Atmos.
Subtitles (optional): English, German.

Really liking this steel, the spot gloss is ace and the back artwork is just :drool::drool::drool:. Film was awesome as well, so was a no-brainer for me. :thumbs:

Why couldn't they label it with the proper title, as I will get confused filing this under 'C'!!
Considering the film title in other countries, if they'd gone with the original film title chances are it'd have been localised to 'Der Mann aus U.N.C.L.E.' (possibly a bad translation) - I definitely prefer Codename to that ;)
Plus Codename U.N.C.L.E. is used...
...in the report during the film credits to describe the newly formed spy trio.

Last edited:
if they'd gone with the original film title chances are it'd have been localised to 'Der Mann aus U.N.C.L.E.' (possibly a bad translation)
In Germany, the TV series ran under the title "Solo für O.N.C.E.L." (Solo for UNCLE), so if they had fully localised it, it would have probably been this (which would have been cool as well). "Codename: U.N.C.L.E." just sounded better marketing-wise I imagine, so they went with that because it's also way more German than the original title. :whistle: (Just like they did with Thor 2. :wacky:) But I don't mind too much as it has a real connection to the movie this time and it's not too bad a choice either. :thumbs: