Now Streaming The Mandalorian (Season 3) [Disney+]

jbsolo

Premium Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Mandalorian.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are they so short though? The second chapter is barely over 30 minutes long. Almost makes want to cancel my subscription before my trial is up and just wait until the season is over and then sign up again and just binge watch it again and then cancel again. 30-40 minute shows is kind of disappointing, wish they were longer.

Reactions: harry
Why are they so short though? The second chapter is barely over 30 minutes long. Almost makes want to cancel my subscription before my trial is up and just wait until the season is over and then sign up again and just binge watch it again and then cancel again. 30-40 minute shows is kind of disappointing, wish they were longer.

I get being disappointed that the episodes are short. I feel the same way. But I think thats because the show is so freakin' good and it keeps us wanting more! I'm sure if we had all the episodes and could binge them straight thru we wouldn't be that upset (But then we wouldn't be able to talk about the show week to week).

There is something kind of neat tho that the episode length is only as long as the story needs it to be for that episode. They aren't beholden to TV standards. No filler.
So maybe we'll get some longer episodes in the future? I hope so.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
I get being disappointed that the episodes are short. I feel the same way. But I think thats because the show is so freakin' good and it keeps us wanting more! I'm sure if we had all the episodes and could binge them straight thru we wouldn't be that upset (But then we wouldn't be able to talk about the show week to week).

There is something kind of neat tho that the episode length is only as long as the story needs it to be for that episode. They aren't beholden to TV standards. No filler.
So maybe we'll get some longer episodes in the future? I hope so.
True
They are good, very good actually but I still wish they were longer.
That rhino thing really kicked his ass, and the Jawa's how they stripped his ship, that was hilarious. That's what happens when you park in the hood. :rofl: :rofl:

I think like most we want longer episodes but the first two seem like one episode they split in half in order to be more serialized like a tv show. If we look at it more like a four part miniseries/season you may be more satisfied.

Reactions: kaw
True
They are good, very good actually but I still wish they were longer.
That rhino thing really kicked his ass, and the Jawa's how they stripped his ship, that was hilarious. That's what happens when you park in the hood. :rofl: :rofl:
Haha that's one thing that makes me laugh...
...he sure doesn't pick very good parking spots -- so far, he's had trouble taking off in his ship in each episode. :LOL:

3 episodes in and I’m still impressed, hopefully they keep up the momentum. This is gritty and more of what I had hoped Rogue One would have been.

Episode 4 was my least favourite so far, but it was still pretty decent. What did everyone else think?

Episode 4 was my least favourite so far, but it was still pretty decent. What did everyone else think?

It seemed like a filler episode but was still entertaining. Hopefully some of the characters introduced will have some payoff later in the season.

Reactions: Noodles
It seemed like a filler episode but was still entertaining. Hopefully some of the characters introduced will have some payoff later in the season.
That's pretty much how I felt about it too... it didn't feel too important to the story, but was still thoroughly entertaining, nonetheless.

As for the characters... most feel like they're being thrown away far too quickly - IG 11 and Cara especially. Like you say... hopefully they return at some point.

Yeah, that was a pretty fun episode.
Strangely, it reminded me of how the episodes went for Stargate SG-1. Where did she (the native woman) learn to shoot like that, I have a feeling we'll find out later on. I imagine that's not the last we see of her and I feel like maybe she is there for the same reason he went there, to hide out from someone or something.

Last edited: