The Martian (3D+2D Blu-ray Lenticular SteelBook) (MediaMarkt/Saturn Exclusive) [Germany]

merowinger

BANNED
Premium Supporter
May 28, 2013
CGN - GERMANY
Release date: February 18, 2016
Purchase links:
MediaMarkt
Saturn
Price: €32.99

Der-Marsianer---Rettet-Mark-Watney-(lim.-SteelBook™-mit-Lenticular)-[Blu-ray-3D].png

Last edited by a moderator:
Rettet Mark Watney --> Saves Mark Watney
translate credit: Google

It's been some years since I learnt German but in the context of the title, 'Rettet' is here being used in its imperative form (save). Thus, the German title translated back into English would read "The Martian: Save Mark Watney." The indicative form (saves) would render the title incomprehensible, "The Martian saves Mark Watney".

It's been some years since I learnt German but in the context of the title, 'Rettet' is here being used in its imperative form (save). Thus, the German title translated back into English would read "The Martian: Save Mark Watney." The indicative form (saves) would render the title incomprehensible, "The Martian saves Mark Watney".

You, sir, are absolutely correct.

Reactions: augustus
Never trust the Google translator. If I translated German into English with that crap and write it down here you would beat me. It's only a chance to understand at least a bit of what anyone wants to express.

In that case here I only knew you mean when I read your explanation. The Martian saves Mark Watney would be quite strange. I will never understand why some titles get a translation and other titles get a new title in the same language like Black Mass.

Reactions: augustus