The Matrix 4-Film Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jun 7, 2021
Release date: July 25, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £99.99
Notes: SteelBooks are glossy

Screenshot 2022-03-28 000820.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, earlier than expected. Wanted to sell my original Zavvi 4k trilogy steels, the first one went for good chunks of money for a while - will be possibly devalued now with this new set...

Hang on, I thought everybody hated white steel books here. It is quite nice but like so many others, I bought the same fourth one as well. Definitely a low blow from the makers of this.

Hang on, I thought everybody hated white steel books here. It is quite nice but like so many others, I bought the same fourth one as well. Definitely a low blow from the makers of this.
Quite the opposite IMO. The only time I see folks upset about "white" steels is when the mock-up shows it as being white, but the actual steel itself ends up being metallic/bare metal.

Pre-ordered for now, but hoping Manta release more info regarding their steels in the meantime so I can cancel it.
Same...though am not sure I can get all 4 manta at the same time.
Having to budget so only so much spare for steels each month now...this set might be the only option for me (ideally all 4 manta, but I'd be happy with 1 and 4 from manta)

Quite the opposite IMO. The only time I see folks upset about "white" steels is when the mock-up shows it as being white, but the actual steel itself ends up being metallic/bare metal.
Agree.
I LOVE the amazon white steel and glad I opted for that vs zavvi (plus if I do get this set, I won't have 2 steels with the same art...just duplicate variants of the movie)

I do feel bad for all of you who ordered from zavvi, got it last week, only for this set to now be available local (we were only aware of the CZ edition as far as am aware)

Reactions: Noodles
I thought it was already known that this set was coming. @tommyh84 posted an image of the set in the thread

The Matrix 4-Movie Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FilmArena Collection #?) [Czech Republic]

on Feb. 23 and mentioned that it was a WWA set that would be "available elsewhere" in another post in the same thread.
I mentioned that it would probably be a Zavvi exclusive just like the Mad Max and Monsterverse sets.
We know. But you’re missing the point. It’s literally 1 week after 4th film release with the exact same steelbook.
It should of been announced before the release of the fourth film ooooorrrrrrr in a years time with different art for number 4

Don’t defend this FFS. Genuinely can’t believe your defending this because one member posted the picture. Those that see the picture knew it was coming. Just not In a p!ss take as they did it 1 week after it’s release.

We know. But you’re missing the point. It’s literally 1 week after 4th film release with the exact same steelbook.
It should of been announced before the release of the fourth film ooooorrrrrrr in a years time with different art for number 4

Don’t defend this FFS. Genuinely can’t believe your defending this because one member posted the picture. Those that see the picture knew it was coming. Just not In a p!ss take as they did it 1 week after it’s release.

Neither one of us is going to change the other person's mind so I'm not going to drag it out.

But in other news...so how about that Will Smith slap?

I hear they're going to get Jerry Springer to host the Oscars next year.

Same...though am not sure I can get all 4 manta at the same time.
Having to budget so only so much spare for steels each month now...this set might be the only option for me (ideally all 4 manta, but I'd be happy with 1 and 4 from manta)
Hmm good point... I hadn't even considered the cost of Manta's at this point :ohno:

Like yourself, I may actually keep this now and just go for Manta's release of the first film only.

It must just be the recent hate of the indie box set that calls to mind.
Ah! I had no interest in that particular release, so clearly missed all the commotion in said thread lol.

Not just any member I'll have you know

morgan freeman i'm god GIF

Tried really hard to keep it going but decided to throw the towel for good. It was fun while it lasted in my second stint. Underestimated and completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of releases. Now preparing to purge my Steelbook collection again. :(

Nice looking set. Hoping the finish will be glossy or spot gloss.

If MantaLab's versions will be 'glow-in-the-dark', they'll have to use some sort of paint, that might make them look worse in normal light. I wouldn't want that, as it's a gimmick I'll rarely actually witness, and don't really want to see.

Proper sh!t of them to announce this after the single version of the 4th film was released. Should of been an option from day 1.
I agree, but wasn't this leaked before the steelbook got released, and posted somewhere on this forum? Would have been in time to cancel a preorder, I think.

This is one of those franchises where you’re like “I could get it but knowing Hollywood they’ll bring out a 5th one making this redundant”

Until they close Neo and Trinity’s story for good and move on from that arc I don’t think I could feel safe buying a collection.
Oh, c'mon, this franchise is dead now, if not forever, at least for 10 years. You're going to wait 10 years, then buy it, and have a rebootsidequell announced next month, starring McKenna Grace and Jahi Di'Allo Winston?
But in other news...so how about that Will Smith slap?
I haven't watched the whole show yet, as it aired live from 5 to 8 am my time, right when I'm in the middle of sleeping, but that bit, with uncensored cursing from Japanese broadcast, was posted on Twitter and was awesome! Most are screaming their panties off about 'assualt', 'violence', and arresting Will Smith, to which I can only say, what a bunch of frackin' wussies, it was a slap!
I'm team/hashtag/stand with/whatever Will Smith!

If MantaLab's versions will be 'glow-in-the-dark', they'll have to use some sort of paint, that might make them look worse in normal light. I wouldn't want that, as it's a gimmick I'll rarely actually witness, and don't really want to see.

I agree, but wasn't this leaked before the steelbook got released, and posted somewhere on this forum? Would have been in time to cancel a preorder, I think.

Again, it don’t matter if another member posted it. They still waited a week after the single steel was released to OFFICIALLY announce it. What aren’t people understanding? Terrible move from WB and tommy posting it isn’t an official announcement!

I really hope if anyone orders this they send their single version back to zavvi. That will hurt them a bit and make WB think twice before doing it so soon from a previous release. Collectors should of had the choice of ordering the single steel or box set from day 1.

If people wana get mugged off by this then so be it. Enjoy

Kinda agree with that tbh... on paper it sounds cool, but in hand the finish it gives looks terrible. Of the few GID steels I have, I probably popped them under my shirt on arrival to have a quick glance at the effect, but I ain't got time to be arsing around looking at my collection in the dark lol.

Again, it don’t matter if another member posted it. They still waited a week after the single steel was released to OFFICIALLY announce it. What aren’t people understanding? Terrible move from WB and tommy posting it isn’t an official announcement!

I really hope if anyone orders this they send their single version back to zavvi. That will hurt them a bit and make WB think twice before doing it so soon from a previous release. Collectors should of had the choice of ordering the single steel or box set from day 1.

If people wana get mugged off by this then so be it. Enjoy
I know I'd certainly be returning my Resurrections steelbook if I were in that position.

Reactions: Flloydo
Kinda agree with that tbh... on paper it sounds cool, but in hand the finish it gives looks terrible. Of the few GID steels I have, I probably popped them under my shirt on arrival to have a quick glance at the effect, but I ain't got time to be arsing around looking at my collection in the dark lol.
:rofl: Under your shirt? Are you 12?

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
As much as I like this I think I’ll stick with my amaray set. Seems a bit silly to me protecting 4 steelbooks in a tin that needs protecting in another foam covered tin that needs another tin with foam in it to protect it from ..........

Oh, c'mon, this franchise is dead now, if not forever, at least for 10 years. You're going to wait 10 years, then buy it, and have a rebootsidequell announced next month, starring McKenna Grace and Jahi Di'Allo Winston?

I haven't watched the whole show yet, as it aired live from 5 to 8 am my time, right when I'm in the middle of sleeping, but that bit, with uncensored cursing from Japanese broadcast, was posted on Twitter and was awesome! Most are screaming their panties off about 'assualt', 'violence', and arresting Will Smith, to which I can only say, what a bunch of frackin' wussies, it was a slap!
I'm team/hashtag/stand with/whatever Will Smith!

Yeah and if in 10 years they reboot they will obviously do a collection like this, in a new format, call it the Neo arc and in the meantime I've saved my money

I see my patience as a win/win

After Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull I never thought they'd do an Indy 5 yet BOOM....here we are.