The Matrix (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 45) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: February 13, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on December 2 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $129.98 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D + Flip Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

92FADD48-0003-4DF5-A667-B535FC5104CB.jpeg
A7595ADC-FDFA-47A0-A61C-2B350CDAF384.jpeg
839F42C3-CDB1-4B4B-BD82-89B84135F98B.jpeg

Just found some of my files for mocking up custom SteelBooks in 2019, these would’ve been the interiors for the three. Interesting to see the second and third used for the rear instead here.

MQO1bmj.jpg

Eager to see what the slips look like!

Reactions: Noodles
So are the 3 movie in the same OC for Manta or just 4 in a box elsewhere?

Am kinda lost
4 in a steel box, like Rambo, Mad Max, is going to be a worldwide studio release.
Mantalab should release them individually, maybe with a couple different fullslips each.

Last edited:
Reactions: yeslek
Just found some of my files for mocking up custom SteelBooks in 2019, these would’ve been the interiors for the three. Interesting to see the second and third used for the rear instead here.

MQO1bmj.jpg

Eager to see what the slips look like!
I definitely would've preferred your chosen image for The Matrix over what they've gone with, since yours continues the theme of using actual scenes from the films for the rear art.

After a long day of blurry batman brain these are starting to grow on me a lot more. I’ve come to terms that we will never get a perfect matrix steel. And the front imagery is really growing on me on these. And the finish will of course help.

I just prey we get some poster art on the slips.

Please please give me this on a SL

F711722C-63FC-49E0-9F79-BB9319884789.jpeg

And this on a FS

0533319B-A046-4403-8B24-AF1861CBAA93.jpeg

Maybe some code for the other lenti

AAAAND I beg not this one....

89B82889-A760-4FB4-877E-4CF9E6D19850.jpeg

Such a shame they didn't do classic poster art on the steel, what they've produced feel like premium WWA releases :LOL::rofl:

After a long day of blurry batman brain these are starting to grow on me a lot more. I’ve come to terms that we will never get a perfect matrix steel. And the front imagery is really growing on me on these. And the finish will of course help.

I just prey we get some poster art on the slips.

Please please give me this on a SL

View attachment 528514

And this on a FS

View attachment 528515

Maybe some code for the other lenti

AAAAND I beg not this one....

Unlikely to get that for the FS. It's already on the rear of the steel lol agreed on the main theatrical poster for a lenti though, always loved it.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Durrrr of course

Hmm, don’t leave much. Unless they tamper themselves with an existing artwork or something new
Unlikely to get that for the FS. It's already on the rear of the steel lol agreed on the main theatrical poster for a lenti though, always loved it.

Durrrr of course

Hmm, don’t leave much. Unless they tamper themselves with an existing artwork or something new
It doesn't does it. Thats the issue with old ass films, so little usable poster art. 2010 onwards, every shtt flick has 17 posters :notworthy:

It doesn't does it. Thats the issue with old ass films, so little usable poster art. 2010 onwards, every shtt flick has 17 posters :notworthy:
Come to think of it. Look at dune. Still a chance they could use that a slip as it’s proper image

I love how clean these are, and I can imagine how the code on these will stand out and glow in the dark. All in for these!

Reactions: Shark
Come to think of it. Look at dune. Still a chance they could use that a slip as it’s proper image
Fair point. Those are 2 different poster variants though aren't they? Not that I'm complaining either way. I've bought the dune FS and would slso buy that matrix FS.

Reactions: Flloydo
Fair point. Those are 2 different poster variants though aren't they? Not that I'm complaining either way. I've bought the dune FS and would slso buy that matrix FS.
That is true. The main image is the same. The floating heads. But the background colour and lower section changes

Yeah same. Went FS with dune too

I’m sure the manta schedule only mentioned Matrix and Matrix 4 as releases. Since they have now revealed matrix 2 and 3 steels, does this mean we are getting a trilogy release and a matrix 4 release, or 4 separate releases?