The Matrix (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #16) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: January 31, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV - Entertainment Store (eBay)
Price: £34.99

C0DDE7CB-09DA-4D01-98FB-128087A83858.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole release feels like a bit of a mess. That tracker on the back just screams “Hey, this is something from this film…?!”

Not very cohesive, a bit desperate, and the whole magnets situation is just very messy.

I think they dropped the ball on this and made it far more complicated than it needed to be.

I’ve liked a few of their previous releases but if the Oracle were real, she’d tell TOC that this release is just not the one. Sorry kid.

• Haha
Reactions: leelee17
This whole release feels like a bit of a mess. That tracker on the back just screams “Hey, this is something from this film…?!”

Not very cohesive, a bit desperate, and the whole magnets situation is just very messy.

I think they dropped the ball on this and made it far more complicated than it needed to be.

I’ve liked a few of their previous releases but if the Oracle were real, she’d tell TOC that this release is just not the one. Sorry kid.
Still the best looking front artwork of any of the current steels imo.

Reactions: henry00x
Now that I’ve seen it in hand I actually quite like this as a set although the steelbook itself is a bit bland. It only really works as a set together.

I’ve had two from Amazon now and both had to be sent back thanks to their completely inadequate packaging. I’ve had to roll the dice with Zavvi instead - no idea how they package these but can’t be worse than Amazon.

I actually think this is the best release that they have done (doesn’t say much really) it looks nice in the box from the front, I think only V for Vendetta was close to this.

I still wish this line would just F off, nearly all have been a disappointment in some way.

Now that I’ve seen it in hand I actually quite like this as a set although the steelbook itself is a bit bland. It only really works as a set together.
I actually think this is the best release that they have done (doesn’t say much really) it looks nice in the box from the front, I think only V for Vendetta was close to this.
That's how they all are, actually, even those with bad steelbooks. It's an illusion, a lie, that so many gobble up.

Agree about V for Vendetta, but Mad Max 4 was good too.

Got mine today.
The slip is just meh and the magnet and pin is uberlame and i dont see the point.
But the steelbook is fairly ok. The finish makes the matrix numbers kinda move if you tilt the steelbook, which is nice.

I still wish this line would just F off, nearly all have been a disappointment in some way.
Blade Runner was OK, but none of the others have tempted me to buy. As a package it looks alright, as you say, but open it up and the steelbook itself is so bland and devoid of any quality, and the same goes for the magnet, pin etc. At this point they're relying more on the popularity of the film titles, than the overall quality of the package, to entice people into buying.

Reactions: dLux