Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: November 13, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99 - $22.99

megs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested to see what this art looks like. Could be a fun embossed title if they do it right

if this has embossing at best buy it would be ideal. i'm not counting on it tho. a few times now i didn't get the best buy edition because they had embossed versions at amazon.de. if best buy doesn't have it, i'm hoping they do.

I was going to say the same thing. I don't think anybody was interested in owning the steelbook with this art.
There are tons of copies available at Best Buy in Canada.

Riiight. The art is why nobody is interested in owning this Steelbook

I bought the HMV edition before the art was revealed for this which is the same. I really like this artwork, glad I got it but I wish I had waited so I could have bought the BB edition.

probably it will be the same all over the world, the question is the finished
Looks like a zero finish to me w/ what could be a spot gloss title
1543117013040.png

no one has in hand pics?
Yes (courtesy BD.com)
Nobody bought it lol
Someone did
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haven't been to see this yet so was wondering if the meg has a 'pet name' like Bruce in JAWS . . . if not I'll be calling it Booth (short for 'Big Tooth' / Megalodon) . . . of course no good if meg is female.

Steelbook actually doesn't look as bad as I thought it would and that sunlight streaming down through the water is a nice touch . . . could have done without the cast on the front tho and with the title raised so as not to be so close to the meg's snout:-
1543111129758.png

INSIDE art is fun . . . reminding me of those tasty and colourful Fox's ring biscuits or Cheerios of the multi-coloured variety . . . a trick missed tho by not having the meg full width of the steelbook to better appreciate its size . . . or coming from left to right so as not to be hidden under the discs when in their hubs/
Speaking about the discs: very cool silhouette open meg mouth design - different on both (inverted):-
1543111522663.png
1543111666306.png

1543114589263.png
/
1543114726875.png

1543111283414.png

1543111714367.png
1543111777721.png

Last edited:
Reactions: nekromantik
From all of the posts on HDN I find that a lot of people liked the movie for what it is but nobody likes the steelbook.
Or it could be that the people who liked the movie didn't like it enough to buy a steelbook for it.