The Middle Earth Collection (Blu-ray Limited Collector's Edition) [USA]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 4, 2016 (Amazon) - November 1, 2016 (In stores)
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Import CDS
Price: $499.96 $389.99 $328.45 (Amazon) - $559.99 (BB) - $503.91 $368.75 (Import)

1000568050_BRDBEAUTY_9d0b4bd8.jpg

In-hand pics by @srngsmb HERE

1000568050_BRDRGT_cffb9913.jpg

A1s7jP7fYpL._SL1500_.jpg

Middle Earth Collection:UCE (AMAZON/6-pack/BD) (BD)

- For the first time ever, Academy Award®-winning director Peter Jackson's epic adventure is available in one spectacular limited collector's edition box set.
- The Limited Collector's Edition includes 30 discs featuring all six Middle-earth films in their extended edition forms, housed in six stunning faux leather books and a collectible Hobbit-style wood shelf. The one-of-a-kind wood shelf is crafted from solid wood with design selected by Peter Jackson.
- In addition to the extended edition release of every film, the collection also includes all previously released bonus content from both the theatrical and extended editions.
- Exclusive premiums designed for the collection include: · Spectacular 100-page sketch-style book with replica The Red Book of Westmarch, filled with original film sketches and new artwork · Original reproductions of exquisite watercolor paintings by acclaimed conceptual artists Alan Lee and John Howe, framable and wall-ready
- THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY – Follow Bilbo Baggins, who – along with the Wizard Gandalf and 13 Dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield – is swept into an epic and treacherous quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor. THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG – Our heroes escape the giant Spiders and Wood-elves of Mirkwood before encountering the mysterious Bard, who smuggles them into Lake-town. Finally reaching the Lonely Mountain, they confront the Dragon Smaug. THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES – The Dwarves of Erebor have reclaimed their homeland, but face the consequences of unleashing Smaug. As five great armies go to war, Bilbo fights for his life, and the races of Dwarves, Elves and Men must unite or be destroyed.
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING – With the help of a courageous fellowship of friends and allies, Frodo Baggins embarks on a perilous mission to destroy the legendary One Ring. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS – In the middle chapter of this historic movie trilogy, the Fellowship is broken but its quest to destroy the One Ring continues. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING – The final battle for Middle-earth begins. Frodo and Sam, led by Gollum, continue their dangerous mission toward the fires of Mount Doom in order to destroy the One Ring.

Last edited:
Man, I really wish this would drop... I know, I know, it's a total disgrace what the doc and the bonus material and all that is concerned, totally bummed about it, but I still want this (for a price I can afford)... I'm one of those who'd buy it again and again... and again... and again, 'till I drop.

Man, I really wish this would drop... I know, I know, it's a total disgrace what the doc and the bonus material and all that is concerned, totally bummed about it, but I still want this (for a price I can afford)... I'm one of those who'd buy it again and again... and again... and again, 'till I drop.
Im with u. Your not alone. Lol

• Thanks
Reactions: MrsRobinson
Just got mine in the mail and I must say, this feels really high quality. If there had never been so many double dips already, this would be sought after more heavily I believe.

The package is considerably heavy from the wood. The books themselves have the softest feel to the leather which makes it feel very high-end IMO. I do wish there was more going on in the bottom compartment but the notebook itself is an interesting read through to see pictures and concept arts. And it's a complete travesty that 3D wasn't included seeing as how this should be the definitive version to own (based on cost).

IMG_0815.jpg IMG_0817.jpg IMG_0818.jpg IMG_0819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got mine in the mail and I must say, this feels really high quality. If there had never been so many double dips already, this would be sought after more heavily I believe.

The package is considerably heavy from the wood. The books themselves have the softest feel to the leather which makes it feel very high-end IMO. I do wish there was more going on in the bottom compartment but the notebook itself is an interesting read through to see pictures and concept arts. And it's a complete travesty that 3D wasn't included seeing as how this should be the definitive version to own (based on cost).

Wow these pics look great!!!! Ive preordered mine from the u.k so looking forward to it! Though unfortunately i have to wait till Christmas for it!

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Thank you for the pictures! It looks really beautiful! How uniform all the Books look is amazing!

But I can't justify spending this amount of money on this. The wood is worth nothing when you look at how cheap Ikea is.
There's no new video or audio material. Peter Jackson is not involved. And I didn't even liked the Hobbit Trilogy as much as that I would double dip besides the 3D Extended Editions.
150 EUR would be a fair price. Everything above should include new material. And everything above 300 EUR should include a Peter Jackson autograph or something similar.

It looks heavenly, thank you for the photos! @srngsmb
I'm keeping an eye on the UK and the Italian one (that one might come without the logos and in English, bu so far, the price is still 400 eur).
And yes, totally agree, 150 eur would be a fair price.

Reactions: elle82
thanks very much for pics @srngsmb and @SteelCollz !!! :thumbs: even before you posted, i finally buckled and like @elle82 have pre-ordered in the UK. i have held out for so long - i have no blu ray versions of these films, and have been patiently waiting for a combined high-def set for ever. :sleep:

i agree wholeheartedly with @dan8885 that the set is hilariously overpriced :OMG:, so much so that it should probably be personally delivered by Peter Jackson himself for that amount, with him then staying over at your house and giving in-person commentary on each film, plus a foot massage. but my eyesight isn't 20/20, so i can survive the lack of a 3D option, although it would have been nice. i can't deny that i will be happier now if it sells out quickly than if i see it's price reduced dramatically in 6 months' time, but that's the same risk as with all premium releases.

to be honest, my main concern is the reaction i got from my significant other when i told them about the purchase, as i have already maxed out all available space with steelbooks. does anyone have a spare sofa? :cold:

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82 and dan8885

View attachment 270734 View attachment 270735 View attachment 270736 View attachment 270737

Thanks for your pics!!! This looks PHENOMENAL!!!! But no way I would triple dip for this price.... maybe one day....at a MUCH cheaper price...

Tx again!

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95