The Mix and Match SteelBook editions thread

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Do you mix and match SteelBook editions? Post pics in this thread.

I'll kick things off with this FAC edition of The Martian where I replaced the SteelBook with the extended edition SteelBook.

IMG_0977.jpg

Did you have an empty slipcase, or do you prefer the Zavvi SteelBook? You probably made a lot of Blufans fanatics pass out! :D
You're right, this particular mix & match might leave a few collectors flabbergasted and quizzical. :giggle:
The Blufans steelbook is great, but it's still not my kind of movie. So despite the greatness of the steel, I passed on this release. However I'm lucky to know somebody who collects the WEA steelbooks only and lets me have the slips for a very reasonable price. I picked up his DL, because I like great slips as much as I like great steelbooks. The Zavvi steel came to me also reasonably priced, so it was too good an opportunity to pass upon. Zavvi's release certainly doesn't play in the same league as the original Blufans, but on its own, it's a really good effort and it works surprisingly well with the BF slip. Good enough for me, at least. :thumbs:

Reactions: CleverLoginName