The Mix and Match SteelBook editions thread

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Do you mix and match SteelBook editions? Post pics in this thread.

I'll kick things off with this FAC edition of The Martian where I replaced the SteelBook with the extended edition SteelBook.

IMG_0977.jpg

How did you go about modifying the 3D amaray slipcover for Goosebumps to fit over the Steelbook? I was recently thinking of maybe sourcing some of my favorite slipcovers and modifying them for use on my Steelbooks.
He didnt modify it. The slipcover just fits the bare steelbook. There are few Amaray slipcovers that will because the releases have 3+ discs inside so they use a thicker Amaray case, resulting in a slipcover with a bigger spine thickness that's enough to fit a steelbook. :)

How did you go about modifying the 3D amaray slipcover for Goosebumps to fit over the Steelbook? I was recently thinking of maybe sourcing some of my favorite slipcovers and modifying them for use on my Steelbooks.

He didnt modify it. The slipcover just fits the bare steelbook. There are few Amaray slipcovers that will because the releases have 3+ discs inside so they use a thicker Amaray case, resulting in a slipcover with a bigger spine thickness that's enough to fit a steelbook. :)

It's a tight fit so be careful when sliding the steelbook in and out the first few times until the slip loosens out a bit.

Generally speaking though, most North American slips will not fit as they are of the slimmer kind. The UK ones are a bit wider and some fit a steelbook easily... that is if you don't mind those rating logos :p