The Most Expensive Blu-ray Steelbooks in the World

Oct 26, 2011
UK
This is for single editions 'Sealed' steelbooks in the original packaging and stickers.
One Clicks / Box sets do not count.
Please use this as a GUIDE only. Opinions can be very subjective.
List is updating over time, appreciate your patience!

THE CURRENT TOP TEN - UPDATED 04 JUNE 2018
  1. Wolf in the Wall Street Filmarena FAC #70 (CZ)
  2. John Rambo Amazon.de (GER)
  3. As Above So Below Filmarena FAC #1 (CZ)
  4. Iron Man Future Shop (CA)
  5. As Above So Below Unnumbered Filmarena FAC #1 (CZ)
  6. Doctor Who Series 9 Amazon.uk (UK)
  7. Spring Steel Archive (GER) ???
  8. Elektra Filmarena FAC #11 (CZ)
  9. Thor Blufans Lenticular (CN)
  10. Terminator 2 Version 2.0 (JP)
  11. .
  12. .
  13. .
FILMARENA
  1. Wolf in the Wall Street FAC #70
  2. As Above So Below FAC #1
  3. As Above So Below Unnumbered FAC #1
  4. Elektra FAC #11
  5. Heat FAC #2
  6. Interview with the Vampire FAC #3
  7. Maze Runner FAC #4
BLUFANS
  1. Thor Lenticular
  2. Spider-Man Homecoming 4K UHD OAB

HDZETA

1. Blade Runner 2049 4K UHD Silver Label
  2. The Man from UNCLE Silver Label
  3. Wonder Woman Double Lenticular Gold Label

KIMCHIDVD

:coffee:

NOVAMEDIA

:coffee:

Last edited:
@TheCollector86 as a video games collector, what was that grail called around 6 years ago that used to go for like $700 for a new one?
dont know, but $700 isnt much compared to this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-se...2630?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19f9f36e26

I focus on PS1-4 games (original releases NO platinum) and games I loved to play as a kid / teenager
PS1: German and UK releases are the hardet to get. Final Fantasy 7 (DE/UK) is impossible to find. I know a collector who worked for Square and he told us [forum] they have a sealed copy of every FF game ...exception FF7.

I'm still looking for a sealed copy of:

Silent Hill 1 & 2 ...German and Japanese releases
Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 (Steelbook. I opened my copy to play this game and bought a sealed one, but it didnt survived the delivery. funny fact: before I started collecting sealed games there were multiple copies for 20€ at Media Markt and Saturn)
Vagrant Story
Fear Effect 1
Final Fantasy 7-9
Dino Crisis 1
Resident Evil 1 + 2
Bushido Blade 1
Tomb Raider 1
Twisted Metal 1 + 2

...damn, so hard to get these.

• Thanks
Reactions: sunnyx
dont know, but $700 isnt much compared to this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-se...2630?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19f9f36e26

I focus on PS1-4 games (original releases NO platinum) and games I loved to play as a kid / teenager
PS1: German and UK releases are the hardet to get. Final Fantasy 7 (DE/UK) is impossible to find. I know a collector who worked for Square and he told us [forum] they have a sealed copy of every FF game ...exception FF7.

I'm still looking for a sealed copy of:

Silent Hill 1 & 2 ...German and Japanese releases
Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 (Steelbook. I opened my copy to play this game and bought a sealed one, but it didnt survived the delivery. funny fact: before I started collecting sealed games there were multiple copies for 20€ at Media Markt and Saturn)
Vagrant Story
Fear Effect 1
Final Fantasy 7-9
Dino Crisis 1
Resident Evil 1 + 2
Bushido Blade 1
Tomb Raider 1
Twisted Metal 1 + 2

...damn, so hard to get these.
crazy, $35K. And here everyone is moaning that JR sealed went for £600!

I was referring to steelbooks as you would had guessed ;) I don't think it was any of those you quoted I will find out. It's bugging me now. :confused:

crazy, $35K. And here everyone is moaning that JR sealed went for £600!

I was referring to steelbooks as you would had guessed ;) I don't think it was any of those you quoted I will find out. It's bugging me now. :confused:
99% of the games I mentiond are standard cases ...exception Metal Gear Solid 3
totally forgot it's a steelbook thread :D

Okay guys, I think it's time re-open this thread again. After the steelbook drought in 2014 - 2015 where the Asian Slips and stickers, the Chinese Iron Packs, Future Shop steels, some of the rare FNAC steels, once commanded the most expensive steelbooks in the world, which are now worth next to nothing in terms of the highest value collectors were prepared to paid......, I feel now we can create a list of the top ten. It is by no means what we had before as after the drought, nothing was considered a grail or highly valued. But it's now taken 3-4 years where the grails are slowly returning and making this hobby more exciting as it once was before!

I think you can still add Capt America Taiwan somewhere in the top 10

I left four gaps because you really can't add them in as it swings so much. You can easily put Blufans in such as Thor, Spider OAB, and Zeta's BR2049, FA's Heat, Interview Vampire. So what we need is an independent FA, Blufans, Zeta list like we had before. CA TW, Gladiator TW, these slips are more of dormant type grails. Dormant meaning they've been buried for so long who knows what they are worth. But for a TW list it will be there for sure. In the four remaining spots mate it can seriously be any. I've left them open for now. Suggestions are welcome :)

I would also like this stress - this is an IMPARTIAL thread. I don't own all these grails but I do have good knowledge of what they roughly go for. So please don't use this thread as a way to hype and boast what you own :p

This was the biggest problem we had on the thread if you could be bothered to read back 18 pages :giggle:

As I said opinions and suggestions are all welcome but please remain impartial! ;)

Why the silly money for Dr Who season 9 steelbook. Was it a limited run or problems with the run?

Limited run it appears, very hard to get hold of at the time and rarely found on eBay or amazon. So now a lot are cashing out as many don’t want a hole on their Dr Who collection and willing to pay the premium.

Limited run it appears, very hard to get hold of at the time and rarely found on eBay or amazon. So now a lot are cashing out as many don’t want a hole on their Dr Who collection and willing to pay the premium

OK. Not a problem with me, I'm only interested in the 1st 4 seasons. I think season 3 is out next week and hopefully 4 season to follow. Anyway back on topic. I see steelbooks being mentioned a lot but are there any futurepaks out there that are going for silly money.

OK. Not a problem with me, I'm only interested in the 1st 4 seasons. I think season 3 is out next week and hopefully 4 season to follow. Anyway back on topic. I see steelbooks being mentioned a lot but are there any futurepaks out there that are going for silly money.

No idea out future paks