11434065-1714472163872856.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
€36.29 on UK site but €34.99 on German site :confused:

More inconsistencies..........
All European Listings are €34.99
UK Listing in Euro is €36.99

Something messed up with Zavvi website they never fixed the Guardians even though I sent them a private direct message explaining what was wrong.
Zavvi did reply they have raised this with the relevant team to look into this.

Euro is the same value in all EU countries with UK GBP has Zavvi decided to make up their own version of GBP to Euro depending on what EU country your from.

Something is all messed up when you choose Region & Language UK and Currency Euro
If you pick Region & Language Spain/France/Germany and other EU regions instead of Region & Language UK the Euro Price is different on some releases but correct on others.

To me it's a system error and needs to be fixed

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Despite this being the only option to pick up the U.K. editions of the three MUMMY steelbooks in non premium packaging I'm personally in no rush to do so.

I might have paid the full pre-order price had the steelbook contained a 4th disc of Extras or if it was limited to 1,000 like the BACK TO THE FUTURE trilogy Zavvi exclusive steelbook but we all know what happened to that one!!! (also later available from Zoom but just 3-discs priced at between GBP 37 - 45 approx. but now OOP/OOS like the Zavvi) . . . so maybe not even full price in that case.

That being said the pre-order price is not outrageous for a really handsome set - 10 quid per film - and will probably calculate to about half the price of the EB offering when P&P is taken into account for that one.
On the other hand it could be argued that the EB offering is worth twice the price as it's twice as nice

The other aspect is of course that this steelbook will most likely be printed in the tens of thousands taking into consideration the 3 blockbuster films inside (worldwide box office for #1 @$416M, #2 @$435, #3 @$405 which adds up to over $1.2B cinema grosses - without taking into account home video etc. - on a $323M combined budget).

The final and most important aspect that needs to be considered and confirmed one way or the other is which territories will be supplying this steelbook complete with 'bossing (as per the U.K. edition) . . . for example, already confirmed by the Germans that their trilogy will NOT have 'bossing

One of these blockbuster films has even inspired a ride (at Universal Studios):-

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Just had another email from Zavvi about this. They're saying there is "LIMITED STOCK REMAINING"......do we believe them? I kind of find it hard to imagine that this is close to selling out at this price.

Every Steelbook release is technically limited.

I just ignore Zavvi's sales push when "Limited Stock Remaining" or the recent "75% sold"...

A closer look at this steelbook (U.S. Best Buy edition) . . . same as ours except for content (5 stacked discs - THE MUMMY 1, 2 & 3 BDs, SCORPION KING BD, THE MUMMY 1 DVD) and "ULTIMATE COLLECTION" instead of "TRILOGY" printed below title:-
upload_2017-5-23_20-52-29.png

Confirmation - flat front w/ German title - unboxing of the German edition . . . not same as ours but same content (3 discs - THE MUMMY 1, 2 & 3 BDs

Last edited:
I really think this will end up being one of the best looking non-premium steelbooks of the year. I watched an unboxing video of the Italian release that has the same finish as Zavvi's and it looks great. Might be a dangerous game waiting for a price drop, although I'm tempted to do so myself as £10 per film is a bit much.

But then all copies of La La Land appear to have gone on these shores and everybody was stocking that so I'm tempted to bite the bullet this time and keep this pre-order.

I really think this will end up being one of the best looking non-premium steelbooks of the year. I watched an unboxing video of the Italian release that has the same finish as Zavvi's

For live static pics:-
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/the-mummy-trilogy-blu-ray-steelbook-italy.84329/
Really, really nice with similar Book of the Dead patterns as seen on EBlu's gorgeous-looking slipbox.

Wondering how these 4 steelbooks would have looked in black with gold detailing :drool:
"Tacky and cheap-looking" ? I think not.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc