Music on Vinyl The Music of DC Comics Vol 2 - OST (colored Vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: October 3, 2016
Purchase: NewOnVinyl.com / amazon.de / amazon.co.uk - regular black vinyl
Price: 29,95 EUR

Note: Limited edition of 1000 numbered copies on 180 gram blue colored vinyl, includes fold-out poster, features music by John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, Junkie XL, Sun Ra and more

2735_foto2_product_xl.jpg

• The orginal soundtrack of 'THE MUSIC OF DC COMICS VOL 2'
  • Limited edition with 1000 numbered copies on BLUE COLORED VINYL
  • FEATURES MUSIC BY JOHN WILLIAMS, HANS ZIMMER, DANNY ELFMAN, JUNKIE XL, SUN RA AND MORE
  • INCLUDES NEVER RELEASED RECORDINGS FROM GOTHAM, BATMAN AND ROBIN AND MUCH MORE.
  • PVC PROTECTIVE SLEEVE
  • EXCLUSIVE SUPERHEROES FOLD-OUT POSTER
  • Ean code: 8719262002661
A must-have for fans, this compilation features selections from over 80 years of recordings from a variety of DC Comics movies, television shows, animated series, videogames, and radio shows.

Whether it’s in the panels of a comic or the frames of a TV show or film, heroes like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and The Flash are always a sight to behold. But let’s not overlook how they sound. Whether it’s the iconic, influential work of master composers like John Williams, Shirley Walker or Hans Zimmer, the retro kitsch associated with shows like 1966’s Batman or 1973’s Super Friends, or the poppy, irresistible hooks of the recent DC Super Hero Girls theme, “Get Your Cape On,” DC has a long legacy of unforgettable music.

The Music of DC Comics: Volume 2 features 29 songs from beloved movies, television shows, games and radio shows including Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Batman: The Animated Series, Superman, Injustice: Gods Among Us, The Dark Knight Rises, Supergirl, Gotham and The Flash, including eleven songs that have never before been released.

TRACKLIST

SIDE A
1. THE BABY FROM KRYPTON INTRO (FROM SUPERMAN RADIO SHOW) – BUD COLLYER (1940)
2. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN YOU ARE NOT SAVING THE WORLD? (FROM MAN OF STEEL) – HANS ZIMMER (2013)
3. SUPERMAN THEME (FROM RUBY-SPEARS SUPERMAN) – JOHN WILLIAMS (1988)
4. SUPERMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES THEME – SHIRLEY WALKER (1996)
5. THE FLYING SEQUENCE / CAN YOU READ MY MIND? (FEAT. MARGOT KIDDER) – JOHN WILLIAMS (1978)

SIDE B
6. FIGHT NIGHT (FROM BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE) – HANS ZIMMER AND JUNKIE XL (2016)
7. BATMAN THEME – NEAL HEFTI (1966)
8. BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES – DANNY ELFMAN (1996)
9. THE BALLAD OF BATMAN (FROM BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD) – DYNAMIC MUSIC PARTNERS FEAT. JOHN DIMAGGIO (2002)
10. BATMAN AND ROBIN: BATMAN TAKES OVER (INTRO) – MISCHA BAKALEINIKOFF (1949)
11. WHY DO WE FALL? (FROM DARK KNIGHT RISES) – HANS ZIMMER (2012)
12. CHRISTMAS WITH THE JOKER / JINGLE BELLS BATMAN SMELLS – SHIRLEY WALKER FEAT. MARK HAMILL (1992)
13. JOKER IS WILD – THE SENSATIONAL GUITARS OF DAN AND DALE: SUN RA AND THE BLUES PROJECT (1966)
14. MISCHIEF (HARLEY QUINN’S THEME) [FROM INFINITE CRISIS VIDEOGAME] – MATTHEW HARWOOD (2015)

SIDE C
15. LEX LUTHOR’S LAIR – JOHN WILLIAMS (1978)
16. PENGUIN MAKES MOVES (FROM GOTHAM) – GRAEME REVELL, DAVID E. RUSSO (2015)
17. PENGUIN’S UMBRELLA – THE SENSATIONAL GUITARS OF DAN AND DALE: SUN RA AND THE BLUES PROJECT (1966)
18. CHALLENGE OF THE SUPER FRIENDS – HOYT CURTIN (1978)
19. THE THEME OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA – ARTHUR KORB (1966)
20. SUPERGIRL THEME – BLAKE NEELY (2015)
21. ROBIN’S THEME – THE SENSATIONAL GUITARS OF DAN AND DALE: SUN RA AND THE BLUES PROJECT (1966)
22. THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERPUP – TV PILOT (1958)

SIDE D
23. DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW THEME – BLAKE NEELY (2016)
24. METAMORPHO – ARTHUR KORB (1966)
25. GET YOUR CAPE ON – JORDYN KANE (2015)
26. THE FLASH TV SERIES THEME – DANNY ELFMAN (1990)
27. THE FLASH VS ARROW – BLAKE NEELY (2014)
28. WONDER WOMAN – ARTHUR KORB (1966)
29. WONDER WOMAN TV SERIES SEASON 3 THEME – CHARLES FOX AND NORMAN GIMBLE (1978)

Last edited:
Thanks. Will add to the OP. Keep in mind that Amazon get the regular black vinyl and not the colored variants.

I don't think so that there's a Vol 1. The only DC Comics compilation I know is on CD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003PIUICO/?tag=hidefnin-20
Well not every time. I've ordered many times colored versions over at Amazon.de. I know other countries' Amazon don't get colored versions, but Amazon.de does a lot.

Oh okay.. well too bad !

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Well not every time. I've ordered many times colored versions over at Amazon.de. I know other countries' Amazon don't get colored versions, but Amazon.de does a lot.

Oh okay.. well too bad !

I don't know how much shipping you pay with amazon.de but JPC is cheaper and they ship for 5,99 EUR to France.
I order all my vinyl there, packaging is perfect. You can switch language to english at top of the website.
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/de...sts-the-music-of-dc-comics-vol-2/hnum/4274893

This is nice :thumbs: I might pick it up. They have music from everywhere...video games, animated tv shows, live-action tv shows, movies...
I didnt know they could do this so easily. Imagine if movie releases were capable of combining in a similar manner...