The New Mutants (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Feb 13, 2020
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: CAD $44.99

4CBBEFB7-5173-4C80-993D-ABC13FAE6720.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received a notice from Best Buy that my order was cancelled. They said they weren’t able to secure inventory for this.

Seems so weird that only some orders were cancelled. I feel like I got my order in really early enough that if they’re getting less than expected that my order would have survived the cut.

October 20, 2020
Order Number:
Hi Michael,
Thanks for placing an order for The New Mutants (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo). However, despite our best efforts we weren't able to secure inventory for the product so we've been forced to cancel the order.

Best Buy Canada probably just doesn't sell enough of them any more to keep stocking them.
Just look at all the old releases that are still in stock: Shazam! (the last Warner release), The Last Jedi, Avengers Endgame, Captain Marvel, Jumanji The Next Level, Bad Boys For Life, MIB International, Toy Story 4, The Lion King, Avengers 4 movie collection, X-Men Dark Phoenix, Invisible Man, Beauty and the Beast, A Star Is Born.

Those are all first run releases. Then there are all of the re-releases still there.

Reactions: DudleyMan
Best Buy Canada probably just doesn't sell enough of them any more to keep stocking them.
Just look at all the old releases that are still in stock: Shazam! (the last Warner release), The Last Jedi, Avengers Endgame, Captain Marvel, Jumanji The Next Level, Bad Boys For Life, MIB International, Toy Story 4, The Lion King, Avengers 4 movie collection, X-Men Dark Phoenix, Invisible Man, Beauty and the Beast, A Star Is Born.

Those are all first run releases. Then there are all of the re-releases still there.
Yea it's not just steelbooks, the movie section at best buy has been shrinking for years. They just don't sell enough here. Canada is a small market compared to the states. It sucks

thank god for zavvi lol. I've saved so much on disney steels from them. If only I waited on the Iron Man steels, could've gotten them for so much less instead of $50 each. I just bought Toy story trilogy for $23 each. It's crazy.

Reactions: Stygian
Maybe if they actually cared about not loosing money they should have took more care in not damaging the steelbooks either from them handling or storing them prior to shipping them or shipping them in bubble mailers. Many complaints to many returns to stores you think they would come to realize it’s there own fault.