The New Mutants (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 4, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 29 at 10 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99

12684043-8134811709271374.jpg

12684043-5754811709134982.jpg 12684043-1384811709466653.jpg 12684043-1964811709391458.jpg

Last edited:
The art has been updated matching the North American SteelBook. This is priced at $15 more than Best Buy Canada...sheesh!

finally watched this the other night and if I’m honest I really don’t understand the bad reviews and zero love. Was actually decent and pretty messed up in places for the x men world.
Much better than origins, apocalypse and dark Phoenix. Some may even say better than x men 3 too. But honestly no where as bad as some make it out to be.

I liked that although its connected to x men it feels like it’s own little world. I loved the tone and the more adult way it went. Shame we won’t see more into this small world

As far as I'm aware steelbooks are made
for The Americas in Alberta, Canada (Scanavo North America Ltd.)
for Europe in Denmark (Scanavo A/S)
and for the Far East in Kowloon, Hong Kong (Scanavo Manufacturing Hong Kong Ltd.)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Just seen an unboxing of the US copy of this. Flat and matte, possibly zero finish. Either way, doesn't look all that great. Front isn't a very high res image, but atleast it isn't bare metal. More of a dull dark grey than a silver in hand.

I'll likely cancel my zavvi preorder, may pick it up later down the line if this hits the bargain basket. Enjoyed the film more on a second watch though, so that's a plus.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: WKRP
finally watched this the other night and if I’m honest I really don’t understand the bad reviews and zero love. Was actually decent and pretty messed up in places for the x men world.
Much better than origins, apocalypse and dark Phoenix. Some may even say better than x men 3 too. But honestly no where as bad as some make it out to be.

I liked that although its connected to x men it feels like it’s own little world. I loved the tone and the more adult way it went. Shame we won’t see more into this small world
Yeah, just watched this myself and I enjoyed it. Some cool sequences in it. I like the way the trailer didn't give too much away for a change.

I take it by your comment there's not going to be any follow up then?

Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah, just watched this myself and I enjoyed it. Some cool sequences in it. I like the way the trailer didn't give too much away for a change.

Unfortunately with the Disney merger I'd say that trip has well and truely sailed. Honestly I was a little shocked it actually got a theatrical release.

Reactions: BluSteel2012

Yeah I’m sure I’ve read that Fiege has said that’s it for that x men world now (from fox) since the merger and that they will be starting again with them over the next few years with the MCU and solo movies. There’s been a lot of talk for certain castings for Logan and cyclops etc

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Finish on the FNAC release will be spot glossed according to Steelbook.com

I'm assuming this one will be the same for an EU release.

Although I'm struggling to see what they can actually spot gloss. Especially the front as it's all one image.

So that would leave just the 'X' on the back cover :rolleyes:

Finish on the FNAC release will be spot glossed according to Steelbook.com

I'm assuming this one will be the same for an EU release.

Although I'm struggling to see what they can actually spot gloss. Especially the front as it's all one image.

So that would leave just the 'X' on the back cover :rolleyes:

If not the eyes, then maybe the teeth.
1606351346227.png
1606351435150.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apart from the Pink Floyd references (music from "The Wall" in the trailer, same print style title etc.) ...
1606352106824.png

... and THE FRIGHTENERS movie poster
1606352056736.png

... there's the most famous 'scream' in art history for good measure:-
1606352678108.png

Last edited:
Was it the hostel steelbook where just the tiny knife handle was spot glossed? Lol

This will probably have the marvel logo at the bottom of the back art spot glossed.

If not the eyes, then maybe the teeth.
View attachment 492147 View attachment 492148
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apart from the Pink Floyd references (music from "The Wall" in the trailer, same print style title etc.) ...
View attachment 492150
... and THE FRIGHTENERS movie poster
View attachment 492149

... there's the most famous 'scream' in art history for good measure:-
View attachment 492151

I so wish that first poster was the art. I like this art but finish wise I can’t see anything working