[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Nightingale (2019)

Genre: Drama

Director: Jennifer Kent

Cast: Aisling Franciosi, Sam Claflin, Damon Herriman, Ewen Leslie, Harry Greenwood, Baykali Ganambarr, Magnolia Maymuru, Charlie Shotwell, Nathaniel Dean, Sam Smith, Michael Sheasby, Matthew Sunderland, Ben McIvor, Luke Carroll, Claire Jones

Release: 2019-08-02

Runtime: 136

Plot: In 1829, Claire, a 21-year-old Irish convict, chases a British soldier through the rugged Tasmanian wilderness, bent on revenge for a terrible act of violence he committed against her family. She enlists the services of an Aboriginal tracker named Billy, who is also marked by trauma from his own violence-filled past.

Had this on my Netflix list for ages now and still not watched it. Judging by the trailer, I need to be in the mood. I wasn’t a fan the Babadook but this looks better

It's nothing like Babadook. Totally different kind of film. IMO better.

I’m not comparing. Just stating it’s the same director. And I thought babadook was overrated. Which is also why I said this looks better (than her previous work) lol

Guess what Second Sight is working on!

gonna get this one for sure
ssss.jpg

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Daubt and berns
Finally watched this and it’s great. Loved it. It’s incredibly bleak and savage but very well made. Much preferred it to the directors first feature

Yea u tell em!
Badabook was horsesh*t idk why the fock people were hyping it up. Maybe I went in with too high of expectations but I loved the Nightingale one of the best movies of the year and one of the top 2 best performances of the year!
Glad Second Sight is gonna release it on bluray.

Reactions: Flloydo and vexred
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database