The Ninth Gate OST by Wojciech Kilar (Flame colored & regular black) [Silva Screen Records]

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: June 10th, 2016
Purchase & Price:
Silva Screen Records - black Vinyl - 22,99 GBP
Silva Screen Records - flame Vinyl - 18,99 GBP
Light in the Attic Records - black Vinyl - 31 USD

Note: Previous planned as a RSD 2016 release, cancelled due to quality issues

Attention:
The "flame colored" pressings may have a few pits on the surface of the vinyl, which are audible when played. As we cannot guarantee the audio quality of this pressing, we have reduced the price accordingly and therefore will not accept returns. There is an alternative version on black vinyl which does not have the same issue.

27309080170054.jpg
27309080420054.jpg

Making its debut on vinyl, Wojciech Kilar’s haunting soundtrack to Polanski’s disturbing film The Ninth Gate (1999) features at its core the vocals of Korean born soprano, Sumi Jo. Kilar established himself as a horror score composer with Bram Stoker’s Dracula and his work here on Polanski’s film achieves a creeping sense of menace worthy of Polanski’s dark tale of Satanic worship.

A Side
1 Vocalise
2 Opening Titles
3 Corso
4 Corso's Apartment / Bernie Is Dead

B Side
1 Liana's Seduction
2 Plane To Spain Bolero
3 The Motorcyclist
4 Missing Book / Mustace Waits For Corso

C Side
1 Blood On The Face
2 St. Martin's Chateau
3 Death Of Liana
4 "Boo!"

D Side
1 Balkan Burns
2 The Ninth Gate
3 Corso and the Girl
4 Vocalise (Reprise)

REVIEWS
“If menacingly haunting horror music is your delight, then The Ninth Gate is not a score to miss.” **** FILMTRACKS.COM

“hypnotic music...which is guaranteed to have you looking over your shoulder and under the bed.”*****
FILM REVIEW

The black vinyl is still available at Light in the Attic for 31 USD

http://lightintheattic.net/releases/2432-the-ninth-gate

Or do you want the 'flame'?
Thanks! Ordered!
That is weird - because when I tried to order it yesterday, it just didn't work. Cool beans!
Thanks!:thumbs: As interesting as the flame is - classic black is classic - and the flame can't be played without issues...
What a weirdly arbitrary release though! Maybe Bram Stoker score next?!!:D

Reactions: dan8885
Thanks! Ordered!
That is weird - because when I tried to order it yesterday, it just didn't work. Cool beans!
Thanks!:thumbs: As interesting as the flame is - classic black is classic - and the flame can't be played without issues...
What a weirdly arbitrary release though! Maybe Bram Stoker score next?!!:D

Awesome! Most of the time I enjoy a classic black vinyl more. On all of those colored ones you can't see hardly if dirt is on the vinyl :wtf:
Please share pictures when it arrive :):thumbs:

Reactions: C.C. 95
Thanks so much for posting this @dan8885, I was wondering why it never reared it's head when Record Store Day came and went. Just ordered a copy of the flame vinyl.

Wonder what happens if I play it backwards lol? :LOL:

Reactions: dan8885