The One (Blu-ray SteelBook) (88 Films) [UK]

Oct 13, 2011
Release date: November 29, 2021
Purchase links: 88 Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99
Note: Total print run 2000

Skjermbilde 2021-08-13 kl. 20.37.48.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ngl, this is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me although stathams American accent is laughable and annoyingly shocking.

£30 is a bit much for the film though. would of pre ordered at £20

• Haha
Reactions: Robles and Noodles
Ngl, this is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me although stathams American accent is laughable and annoyingly shocking.

Same! Pretty crap film, but tons of fun at the same time. Assumed this was 4K when I first saw the price, so very disappointed to see they're asking £30 for a blu-ray.... hell, just scrap the slip and unnecessary poster if it means they can make this cheaper.

HAHA, yeah I think this is one of his worst when it comes to accents and there have been a few shockers :wow: Saying that though I'm with you with the guilty pleasure when it comes to this film and most other Statham films :whistle:

Would have picked this up if it were just a slip and cheaper, don't really have any interest in a steelbook when it comes to 88-films. All their other stuff is great as it is and this for me wouldn't fit the collection.

HAHA, yeah I think this is one of his worst when it comes to accents and there have been a few shockers :wow: Saying that though I'm with you with the guilty pleasure when it comes to this film and most other Statham films :whistle:

Would have picked this up if it were just a slip and cheaper, don't really have any interest in a steelbook when it comes to 88-films. All their other stuff is great as it is and this for me wouldn't fit the collection.

I don’t mind statham. I prefer him in lock stock and snatch but I’m a huge Jet Li fan. So it’s more of a guilty pleasure for him because it’s probably his worst film after he went international. But I still enjoy it. It would be miles better if it wasn’t for stathams accent though lol.

I’ve not heard of 88 films. I thought this was a Sony/ Columbia release. Everyone seems to keep mentioning them

what I will say about the package is the repeated art. It’s a major hate of mine when it comes to these packages. Just like the new the thing 4k set. Find it so pointless, annoying and lazy. Steel, slip, poster... all the same

Reactions: Robles
haha the one. If you like the matrix it’s quite good. Not sure how it aged, haven’t seen it for a very long time

I don’t mind statham. I prefer him in lock stock and snatch but I’m a huge Jet Li fan. So it’s more of a guilty pleasure for him because it’s probably his worst film after he went international. But I still enjoy it. It would be miles better if it wasn’t for stathams accent though lol.

I’ve not heard of 88 films. I thought this was a Sony/ Columbia release. Everyone seems to keep mentioning them

what I will say about the package is the repeated art. It’s a major hate of mine when it comes to these packages. Just like the new the thing 4k set. Find it so pointless, annoying and lazy. Steel, slip, poster... all the same
They have a decent selection of titles out there, well depending on your taste that is.
That’s kinda one thing with their stuff. The slips, covers and posters are all the same art which I do agree I kinda boring.

They have a decent selection of titles out there, well depending on your taste that is.
That’s kinda one thing with their stuff. The slips, covers and posters are all the same art which I do agree I kinda boring.

Is this their first steelbook attempt then?
What other films have they tackled?

Is this their first steelbook attempt then?
What other films have they tackled?
I think the toxic avenger from awhile back was their first steelbook :whistle:

The recent I know what you did last summer and urban legend trilogy box sets are a couple of theirs along with quite a lot of Jackie chan and Van Damme stuff, this is all recent stuff thought.
Their older stuff is mostly horror.
They ain’t on the level of Arrow I wouldn’t say but they seem to be heading in the right direction, decently priced and good quality.

Reactions: Flloydo
I'd argue that 88 Films have equelled Arrow these days, I'd compare them to when Arrow released Zombie Flesh Eaters, there has been a distinct step up in quality since they accepting fan support.
88 should be praised for taking the plunge into the Chan titles which has shown there is interest in the Hong Kong action genre once again (I'd argue it never left but it's the excuse companies kept giving).
I do think £30 for a steelbook is too much but steelbooks seem to be around £25 as standard these days which is rediculous anyway, 88 do seem to be focusing more on £25 rigid box set releases for their initial pressings too which, although nice, should really only be saved for select titles overwise it's overkill for the sake of increasing the price.

Reactions: Last Lizard