PS4 The Order: 1886

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK

The Order: 1886™ introduces players to a unique vision of Victorian-Era London where Man uses advanced technology to battle a powerful and ancient foe. As a member of an elite order of knights, join a centuries-old war that will determine the course of history forever.

Attachments

• 1886.jpg
    1886.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 180
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tridon
It seems to be getting quite a few negative reviews. The trailers never sold me anyway as it didn't look like anything special IMO, so I'm glad I went with my gut and ignored all the hype (unlike I did with Watch Dogs, which I found to be boring).
The game got 5 out of 10 's almost every where.Even complex, who never talks about games, had a story on how pretty the game was but also how boring the game is .I had high hopes for the game as the story looked interesting at times and it was an exclusive,But no one seems to like the game.

All the big games that were hyped last year are coming out to be bust.first Evolve didn't really live up to the hype , now the order.Makes me think this massive year in gaming will be as bad as last year.

AKKU9xx.gif

I just saw this over on Gameinformer.God, the internet can be great sometimes.

Last edited:
The game got 5 out of 10 's almost every where.Even complex, who never talks about games, had a story on how pretty the game was but also how boring the game is .I had high hopes for the game as the story looked interesting at times and it was an exclusive,But no one seems to like the game.

All the big games that were hyped last year are coming out to be bust.first Evolve didn't really live up to the hype , now the order.Makes me think this massive year in gaming will be as bad as last year.
I never go with reviews. They are always somewhat personally loaded when they write their reviews.

Sometimes I read an interview, a couple first and already got an opinion in my mind, but when I played the game for myself... I enjoyed it.

I would say, try the game on your own. ;-)

Even though the reviews aren't looking good, the game is not waiting for me.

So, bye bye now.... ;-)

Reactions: Jace88
Was going to pre order this awhile back , glad I didn't now .

I think I'll wait till its £20 in cex:whistle: if it's as bad as some of the reviews I've read , that shouldn't be too long :naughty:

AKKU9xx.gif

That gif! :hilarious:

AKKU9xx.gif

I find it funny that all these sites that I never see doing video reviews start making them for this game lol

All the people that I know that have played it are enjoying it, but think it could be improved in some places. I'm going to start playing it tonight and see how good the story is. I never really listen to reviews I just form my own opinion as some of the games people love I may have no interest in like Halo or Final Fantasy

I preordered this and picked it up Friday night after work. I then took it back Saturday morning for a refund.

It does look really pretty, but the gameplay is terrible and repetitive. I may give it another try, but no way is this worth paying full price for.

That's cool @Jace88. I hope you enjoy it! Be sure to let us know what you think. :)

Two friends of mine who picked it up basically told me the same thing... tons of cutscenes and not enough gameplay. I'm not sure how far through the game they are though, so will be interested to hear what they have to say once they've completed it.

Had this on order for sooooo long then cancelled last month due to no funds... End up spending more money on steels lol

The game definitely seems misunderstood. Obviously it was advertised wrong, as an action game and not a interactive story game. Similar to telltale games but a way higher production level. I've read a lot of reviews and user reviews and it seems that the game is good for what it's trying to do, tell a story.

I love story games and I'll definitely pick it up. But sadly when it price drops. I love to support triple A exclusives for consoles and even more so when it's a brand new IP (and indies, I find myself playing them more honestly). We need new IPs to succeed, of course they need to be worth the $60 price tag though.

The game definitely seems misunderstood. Obviously it was advertised wrong, as an action game and not a interactive story game. Similar to telltale games but a way higher production level. I've read a lot of reviews and user reviews and it seems that the game is good for what it's trying to do, tell a story.

I love story games and I'll definitely pick it up. But sadly when it price drops. I love to support triple A exclusives for consoles and even more so when it's a brand new IP (and indies, I find myself playing them more honestly). We need new IPs to succeed, of course they need to be worth the $60 price tag though.
Well said and I completely agree with you.
But with 7 hours played and a platinum trophy, this game has zero replay value.

There simply is nothing to do anymore. It should have gotten a co-op campaign mode.

You play the story, collect the collectibles and you're done. Even though it was great, it's too short and has no replay value.

Having said that, I would buy part 2 in a heartbeat. This game is gorgeous and plays smooth.

@AnubisNefer I agree with you as well. 8hr for a plat and triple A exclusive is pretty lame, no doubt. replay value is a big factor for tons of people. I usually play a game until it is 100% complete and move on. So I enjoy longer games because of this.

Reactions: AnubisNefer

Every demo or gameplay they ever showed of the game was of them using weapons and shooting .Even the launch trailer was them shooting Lycen and humans.If they would have just said it's more like 30 percent shooting and the rest is story , maybe people wouldn't be so pissed.But they also wouldn't have brought the game. so maybe it was a smart move?

Reactions: nicblue
Perfect example of why i buy very few games upon their release. I'll probably either buy or trade for it and play it in a few weeks.