Slipbox The Orphanage (Blu-ray Slipbox) (The On Masterpiece Collection No. 14) [Korea]

CleverLoginName

Ordnung muss sein.
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2016
GER
Release date: September 29, 2020
Purchase link: KimchiDVD (Pre-order on September 8 at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $31.99

to.jpg

Last edited:
Gets a lot less love than the similar period release PAN'S LABYRINTH but certainly not from me.

Inspired by 7337 (2000) 17 min. short.

Reactions: jasong
That might just be due to one being an Oscar winner and quite possibly better international promotion. In terms of box office I think this one did better than Pan's.

I only watched this one once years ago, and don't remember it sucking as much as most other Spanish films so might just get this if the art is good.

As much as I love my Steels, sometimes art works surprisingly better on a FS slipcase, as evidenced here, (imho). :)
I find that use of the wallpaper as slip art pertfect and the way the front art transitions to it is perfect.
A very handsome release.

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Reactions: CleverLoginName
What are people's thoughts on KimchiDVD's fullslip Scanavo case releases? I've seen the gorgeous pics @moon posted on other threads, but I find it hard to spend ~$42 (shipped to the US) on this release, even though I really like the movie, when Kimchi usually sells their steelbooks around the same price or a couple dollars more. There also doesn't seem to be much in terms of goodies here compared to their other releases (with less photocards and no folded-out poster).

What are people's thoughts on KimchiDVD's fullslip Scanavo case releases? I've seen the gorgeous pics @moon posted on other threads, but I find it hard to spend ~$42 (shipped to the US) on this release, even though I really like the movie, when Kimchi usually sells their steelbooks around the same price or a couple dollars more. There also doesn't seem to be much in terms of goodies here compared to their other releases (with less photocards and no folded-out poster).
I'm a big fan. Great finishes on the slipboxes and contrary to steelbooks, keep cases usually arrive without defects (I never had a damaged case, actually). Yes there're less extras included, but I don't mind. When I consider how seldomly I have taken out photocards or posters after maybe once for an unboxing photo shoot, I can do without them altogether. For me these keep case releases are just as good as slips with steels.
Thanks for the purchase link @moviewizguy I updated the OP accordingly. :thumbs:

Last edited: