BANNED
Premium Supporter
Mar 6, 2013
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Predator

Tagline: The Hunt Has Evolved

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction, Action, Adventure

Director: Shane Black

Cast: Boyd Holbrook, Olivia Munn, Jacob Tremblay, Trevante Rhodes, Sterling K. Brown, Keegan-Michael Key, Alfie Allen, Yvonne Strahovski, Thomas Jane, Augusto Aguilera, Jake Busey, Edward James Olmos, Niall Matter, Dean Redman, Steve Wilder, Nikolas Dukic, Andrew Jenkins, Crystal Mudry, Paul Lazenby, Lochlyn Munro, Devielle Johnson, RJ Fetherstonhaugh, Jay Hector, Eduard Witzke, Rhys Williams, Sean Kohnke, Kyle Strauts, Anousha Alamian, Marcio Moreno, Javier Lacroix, Sarah Ziolkowski, Harrison MacDonald, Malcolm Masters, Colin Corrigan, Gabriel LaBelle, Brian A. Prince, Vin Asim, Inka Malovic, Patrick Sabongui, Mathew Yanagiya, J.C. Williams, Byron Briscoe, Kathryn Marie Robinson, Kory Grim

Release: 2018-09-13

Plot: From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home. Now, the universe’s most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

Just got out of a preview screening. This was pretty horrendous. For a brief second I thought we were getting a fun popcorn b movie but this ends up being like some sad Scyfy movie. Was hoping for a gory, garish fun thrill ride and this is a plodding uncinematic mess. Flat cinematography, anemically paced, and an oddly childish tone (not in a good way!). Pretty much everyone in the screening agreed is was stupid (again, not in a good way!)

Last edited:
I ALSO just got home from my screening.

I'm not going to totally agree with @Joshua Matteo. I enjoyed it. I had zero expectations and I came out having a fun time.
Its better then P2 and the AVP films... And I think I liked it more then Predators. Will have to give it time. Obviously nothing can touch the first film. But I don't think it was a "horrendous mess".

Non-Spoiler stuff. The movie has A LOT of humor (Almost too much sometimes). If you are wanting a dark gory intense Predator movie... this isn't it. It has a very different tone then I think people are expecting. Its not necessarily a bad one, just very different for this franchise. In all honesty, i think it needed it. These movies were taking themselves too seriously and Shane Black has made it his own.

Now into the spoilery stuff:
Everything moves in a really fast pace, and not in a good way. Plot lines are rushed or cut out possibly. Things often don't make sense. And the very end felt like a super-hero film rather then a predator movie. Like... the suit thing was cool and all... but come on really? That is suppose to save the human race? I know this is trying to set up a sequel but I didn't think it worked.

While I like my Vancouver boy Jacob Trembley... he kind of is the low point of the movie and come close to being like one of the kids in a Jurassic Park film. Where the whole thing would have been better without them in it. Not the actor, just the whole kid character.

I liked the predator dogs at first (when they were bad). But once one of them became "good", and it was their pet, it lost me.

The Hunter Predator was wicked tho. He has some fun kills and felt really intimidating (But not really scary). I wish they could have kept him a secret and not shown him in the previews.

The cast was good. Liked most of them. Thomas Jane's tourette's acting was hit and miss tho.

Bottom line this is an uneven film but still an enjoyable one.

I give it a 6.5 or 7/10

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Shockingly humorous, right?! Glad you enjoyed it. I am sure I will revist sometime in the future and looking forward to watching AVP.
I did really enjoy:
the big science lab scene. I was hooked by that scene and personally felt aesthetically the movie never topped it, instead spending time in the subarbs.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Shockingly humorous, right?! Glad you enjoyed it. I am sure I will revist sometime in the future and looking forward to watching AVP.
I did really enjoy:
the big science lab scene. I was hooked by that scene and personally felt aesthetically the movie never topped it, instead spending time in the subarbs.

I'm with you on that! That scene was great. Probably the most intense part of the entire movie.

Jesus. Just watched this ( paid £5.49 on sky store to rent it ) what a waste of money.

How anyone can say this was better than Predators is beyond me, this was utter drivel.

If they continue the franchise like this, they will literally kill the franchise.

What a load of ****

Jesus. Just watched this ( paid £5.49 on sky store to rent it ) what a waste of money.

How anyone can say this was better than Predators is beyond me, this was utter drivel.

If they continue the franchise like this, they will literally kill the franchise.

What a load of ****

But.. The franchise is already dead ! :)

Just Predator 1 and 2. END OF THE STORY.