The Prestige (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #49) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Group buy: hosted by Wreck
Note: WEA SteelBook. Limited to 1500 copies.

52487008562_84f7cf290c_k.jpg52487973705_041a402399_k.jpg52487505376_9eb966d4a0_k.jpg52487973745_5687953934_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 557765

This is something they posted in Chinese website, translated by edge browser. So the "discless" thing is becoming a trend now
So their "Premium" editions involve the slips, art cards, posters etc. that normally accompany steels (although I have no use for posters) but the removal of the discs themselves?.... Not sure how removing the most pertinent part of a steel makes it premium :confused:

Wtf is going on. I can handle the odd release here and there. Like with that manta line. But it’s getting ridiculous now.

This part makes me laugh though!

Designed for the true movie enthusiasts, this innovative offering revolutionizes the way we experience films

By not experiencing the film?

Wtf is going on. I can handle the odd release here and there. Like with that manta line. But it’s getting ridiculous now.

This part makes me laugh though!

Designed for the true movie enthusiasts, this innovative offering revolutionizes the way we experience films

By not experiencing the film?

Yes with posters, cards, booklets... that is true experience of movies. >.< not discs and movie itself.

They're obviously trying to spin it in a PR friendly way, which is basically a load of hype bullh!t. Bottom line is the Chinese gov are awkward with film licensing, so if blufans want to release new films people actually want, discless is the way. Plus the added bonus of films that aren't distributed in China at all.

So, a release is elevated to ‘premium’ status if it there are no discs? That’s quite avant-garde. I guess that leaves the regular releases with discs for the commoners who watch their movies. So uncouth!

I, for one, only take my movies without movies.

Suspicious Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF by MOODMAN

At least it means not much more waiting around for the Spider-Man far from home and No way home OAB and WEA releases

Taking f**king ages with those

This is something they posted in Chinese website, translated by edge browser. So the "discless" thing is becoming a trend now
This precious Edge browser meticulous translation meticulously sucks precious balls.

Yes with posters, cards, booklets... that is true experience of movies. >.< not discs and movie itself.
It is what we buy them for.
Otherwise get the $15 mass market studio amaray, and shut up (no offense, just a phrase).

So their "Premium" editions involve the slips, art cards, posters etc. that normally accompany steels (although I have no use for posters) but the removal of the discs themselves?.... Not sure how removing the most pertinent part of a steel makes it premium :confused:
The discs are not pertinent at all, they're superfluous and mostly unnecessary. 99% buy these as a second edition at least, many don't even open them.
I used to double dip all the time, then stopped buying major titles at all, waiting for someone to release it in such CE or 'premium' editions. By doing that I don't get to see the movie for another 6 months to a year at least.
But if all these companies just did the packaging only, I could buy any studio release right away, to watch the movie, and then add a better steelbook with booklet/cards later, and not feel like I double dipped.

It SHOULD. In reality though, it probably won't. They'll be adding extra tat in there to keep prices the same, or perhaps higher.
I just hope they won't be as stingy, as they usually were, with only the cards OR booklet. They must provide both in every slip like every other such company.

wow! we finally get a steelbook, a full slip, post cards and a booklet.. what crazy innovation! i can only imagine that they hired the worlds greatest minds and locked them in a room until they came up with something groundbreaking as this
Not what you "add" is the revolution, but what you "remove" is what makes it so brilliant and innovative... :bag:

Reactions: hatredhorror
This precious Edge browser meticulous translation meticulously sucks precious balls.

It is what we buy them for.
Otherwise get the $15 mass market studio amaray, and shut up (no offense, just a phrase).

The discs are not pertinent at all, they're superfluous and mostly unnecessary. 99% buy these as a second edition at least, many don't even open them.
I used to double dip all the time, then stopped buying major titles at all, waiting for someone to release it in such CE or 'premium' editions. By doing that I don't get to see the movie for another 6 months to a year at least.
But if all these companies just did the packaging only, I could buy any studio release right away, to watch the movie, and then add a better steelbook with booklet/cards later, and not feel like I double dipped.

I just hope they won't be as stingy, as they usually were, with only the cards OR booklet. They must provide both in every slip like every other such company.

If you buy them for extras you can buy just amarays or CE of those movies. No need to wait for premium.
Not all buy them for these...
If you give a fuc* ok, but majority don't give sh*t about paper etc... majority goes for WEA steelbooks and case art and that's it or just wanna have premium edition of that movie. Doesn't mean that they actually care for extras.
As long as steelbooks will be included i don't care if every major premium retailer does that.

Not pertinent AT ALL?? I'd have to disagree, for some people it's literally why they bought their very first steel to begin with. Do you think a book collector would buy an expensive hardback edition if didn't contain any txt on the pages? Or record collector would buy a colour variant which had no music on it?

Yes, there are those that keep their collection sealed... but how do you know how many of these have double dipped and what percentage of these double dippers have opened them? I kinda feel you're just pulling figures out of the air there.

Like you, I now hold off buying WWA steels or amarays in the hope of a premium later down the line... but you don't have to wait 6 months to a year to watch a movie, you could stream a rental right away if you really wanted to watch it, thereby not double dipping at all.

Not pertinent AT ALL?? I'd have to disagree, for some people it's literally why they bought their very first steel to begin with. Do you think a book collector would buy an expensive hardback edition if didn't contain any txt on the pages? Or record collector would buy a colour variant which had no music on it?

Yes, there are those that keep their collection sealed... but how do you know how many of these have double dipped and what percentage of these double dippers have opened them? I kinda feel you're just pulling figures out of the air there.

Like you, I now hold off buying WWA steels or amarays in the hope of a premium later down the line... but you don't have to wait 6 months to a year to watch a movie, you could stream a rental right away if you really wanted to watch it, thereby not double dipping at all.
Book or records comparison doesn't apply here. I would buy a special packing, mini CD-sized steelbooks especially, with extra booklets and photos of/about my favorite musical artists without any music itself in a second, if such releases existed, as I'd have their albums already, if I'd wanted more.

That's what I'm saying - people are ready to spend more on something they already like, and own in some form - watched it, heard it - and would like to express their love for that title by getting nice looking memorabilia.
Such physical editions are no different than figures, car models, posters and such. They're not Arrow and Second Sight releases, which one gets firstly for the discs themselves, the new transfers and extras.

P.S. I admit I don't understand steelbook-only collectors, and how they think.

Reactions: Punker76
They'll be trying to flog us cars without engines next, or maybe even houses without roofs.

*Advertisement voice* Do you like new cars, but afraid to scratch it while driving? Do you like listening to music in your car, but don't want to spend enormous amounts on gasoline? Get a driverless car! No, we're not Tesla, it doesn't drive itself, it just doesn't drive at all! Park it in front of your home, and stand by it, leaning on, so people know you got a car! Or sit inside with windows rolled down, listening to your favorite music so loud, that all the neighbors can hear! Get that new car smell for half the price and no expenses, like refueling, or oil changes - our driverless car has no engine! Enjoy looking cool, as if you own this town, without ever leaving it, anywhere, at all!

*Quick talking voiceover* Parking charges not included. Power supply, batteries sold separately. May need maintenance like cleaning, towing, audio repair. Power steering, power windows optional. Alter Ego Daily is not responsible for theft, deterioration due to exposure to natural elements, like sun, rain, snow, etc. Store at +5-25 degrees, operating outside those temperatures voids limited warranty. All rights reserved.