The Primevals (Limited Edition Blu-ray w/ Hardcover Slipcase) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: December 2019
Order: IndieGoGo
Price: $100 USD
Notes: THE PRIMEVALS Special Edition 3 Disc Blu-ray set, complete with hardcover slipcase and a set of 12 THE PRIMEVALS postcards. The Blu-ray set features two cuts of the film and plus a feature length documentary. Limited to only 300 copies produced and signed by producer Charles Band.

Untitled.png

This looks amazing!!! Full Moon is looking to complete the late David Allen's stop-motion adventure THE PRIMEVALS (production wrapped in 1994 and it was shelved after Allen passed away).

From the IndieGoGo page:

The year was 1994. Full Moon founder Charles Band and legendary stop-motion animation effects artist David Allen set out to make what would be the biggest and most ambitious Full Moon movie to date--a long in development passion project of Allen's that he directed in Romania and the Italian Alps with a large cast and larger than life sets.

Band and Allen planned for a long post-production period in which Allen would create hundreds of intricately designed and animated effects shots. But when Allen fell ill and passed away in 1999, the highly anticipated film sat unfinished, with Full Moon fans all over the world wondering if they would ever be able to see Allen's now-mythical magnum opus.

That time has come.

Finally, after decades in the vault, Full Moon is launching a campaign to release David Allen’s THE PRIMEVALS and we’re calling on our fans to help fulfill David’s vision and bring this larger-than-life-retro-sci-fi epic to lustrous life.

Finishing THE PRIMEVALS exactly how David had envisioned it to look and feel, would require - by today's standards - a Herculean post-production budget that we simply do not have access to. And while completing the picture will require some compromises, we nevertheless plan to deliver a version that is as close to David’s ambitious, grandiose design as possible, based on the resources that have and will become available to us.

You NEED to see what has been filmed. And you WILL.

When released, THE PRIMEVALS Special Edition Blu-ray set will feature two alternate edits of the film. The first will be the new, completed cut overseen by producer Charles Band. The second will be the "director’s cut"-- faithfully assembled as David Allen intended and containing special animatic storyboards representing the unrealized shots from THE PRIMEVALS. Both films will make for a fascinating comparative study, creating the definitive THE PRIMEVALS experience. A third disc will premiere a feature-length THE PRIMEVALS documentary from Daniel Griffith of Ballyhoo Motion Pictures loaded with never before available behind the scenes and archival footage from the many years of this film’s amazing journey.

I doubt they will reach the goal in the next four days. This looks dope but after I burnt 450$ on Evil Dead 2 board game + dices and add-ons by Scape Goat on Kickstarter that will never happen thinking twice before supporting any such campaign.

I doubt they will reach the goal in the next four days. This looks dope but after I burnt 450$ on Evil Dead 2 board game + dices and add-ons by Scape Goat on Kickstarter that will never happen thinking twice before supporting any such campaign.

I hear that. My friend was burnt by that Evil Dead 2 campaign, too. While I think Full Moon is more trustworthy than Scape Goat, it's impossible to think that they'll reach their goal.

Yeah man, they collected more than a million bucks altogether and disappeared. Kickstarter took a provision and didn't do a thing to protect backers. To make it worse, in that period, I have changed the country and bank so even If there is an option to refund to my card, they will have to go back to me. I even paid for shipping :( Sad thing is that US backers god their dices made out of REAL CABIN from the movie while rest of the backers did not. Now dices that are left in some storage will end online for crazy money. Besides that, there was a Troma video campaign that is super late but recently they have completed a movie and we got access to it before we get physical perks but also a horrible experience. So I'm done with backing anything on Kickstarter unless it is charity. With the Indiegogo, I have nothing but good experience but still, 100$ is not pocket money.