The Raid: Redemption (aka The Raid) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: January 16, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $45.99 (Amazon) - $29.99 (Best Buy)

914d7zfrJcL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realise there was a 4k edition on the way. What's the chances of another premium from the likes of Kimchi?

I have to ask though, why add the word "Redemption" to the US version? Just confuses a perfectly succinct title. "The Raid" - it just does what it says on the tin.

The Ring: VHS
The Incredibles: Superpowers
The 50 Year-Old Virgin: Cherrypoppin'

Is this raid a particularly redemptive one? Or maybe the team need some form of redemption from previous raids?? ‍

I didn't realise there was a 4k edition on the way. What's the chances of another premium from the likes of Kimchi?

I have to ask though, why add the word "Redemption" to the US version? Just confuses a perfectly succinct title. "The Raid" - it just does what it says on the tin.

The Ring: VHS
The Incredibles: Superpowers
The 50 Year-Old Virgin: Cherrypoppin'

Is this raid a particularly redemptive one? Or maybe the team need some form of redemption from previous raids?? ‍
Raid Redemption is the original title of the film.

As far as I know, it's never been any other title than Raid Redemption here in the EU/UK and most of the world.
It's hardly confusing anyway. I wouldn't trust Wikipedia as far as I could spin kick it :LOL:
Agreed, Wikipedia can't be relied upon 100%, I'm UK based and the UK steel doesn't include the extended title, nor UK Netflix, nor the German amaray, and not even the original Indonesian score :confused: (well worth a listen, just as good as the score the rest of the world got)

Screenshot_20231116-135727.png

Screenshot_20231116-135936.png

Screenshot_20231116-135815.png

Screenshot_20231116-135530.png

But in the end it's only semantics, I just happen to prefer the shorter title :thumbs:

Agreed, Wikipedia can't be relied upon 100%, I'm UK based and the UK steel doesn't include the extended title, nor UK Netflix, nor the German amaray, and not even the original Indonesian score :confused: (well worth a listen, just as good as the score the rest of the world got)

View attachment 567945

View attachment 567946

View attachment 567947

View attachment 567948

But in the end it's only semantics, I just happen to prefer the shorter title :thumbs:
Well, I'm not ashamed to admit, I stand corrected :joy:

Reactions: Punker76
I thought it was the sequel movie for a second, with that sub-title...
Got both films in those Kimchidvd releases, so don't really need a steelbook, plus I don't know if I like the new green color grading. Again they're trying to push 'that's how it was supposed to be' agenda.

The new color grading has fleshtones and multiple planes of color.
the original was a one color wash that was budget hack job. They never had the funds to complete it correctly, until now.
In this case, it is absolutely apparent that the original is not how it was meant to look. a one color wash is a hallmark of a bad post house and a bad colorist.
it happens. I produced a high profile movie that we never had the opportunity to correctly color time (money and time issues). I Would love to fix that on a new blu ray version.
But, you'd be surprised how often this can happen.

Last edited:
New colour grading is significantly better. It's been a while since I watched the blu-ray in my kimchi set, I can't say I remember it looking quite that (purple) awful!

I’m trying to think how long ago I bought my sextuple Boxsetset from Kimchi.
Certainly seems like a very long time ago 6-7 years? I just looked back May 2015
It was expensive at the time but with inflation and shipping costs now $205 plus about $20-25 shipping total doesn’t seem to bad.
Preordering that from WEET today Blu Collection it would be far more expensive at least $350 plus shipping for 6 Slips, extras, Blu-rays, and Boxset. Transfer 4K looks nice.

Last edited:
I’m trying to think how long ago I bought my sextuple Boxsetset from Kimchi.
Certainly seems like a very long time ago 6-7 years? I just looked back May 2015
It was expensive at the time but with inflation and shipping costs now $205 plus about $20-25 shipping total doesn’t seem to bad.
Preordering that from WEET today Blu Collection it would be far more expensive at least $350 plus shipping for 6 Slips, extras, Blu-rays, and Boxset. Transfer 4K looks nice.
I own that beast too! Unless there is some set that comes with the new discs that is irresistible- I'll probably just get the amaray and swap the new disc into the existing set.

Reactions: Jaxxx and 5t33lb0y