Release date: June 6, 2016
Purchase link: The Revenant
Price: £19.99

HMV Ireland
Price: €24.99

HDN Group Buy hosted by: Naughtius Maximus

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
walked into my local hmv today and asked to have a look at steelbook before preorder and i got to say boys and girls
it one of the lamest looking steelbooks ive seen in a long time no debossing artwork poor and didnt look gloss, easy pass,

Reactions: Norwichlad
I had chappie and the Martian steelbooks both cancelled by extravision, oddly when the Martian appeared on the extravision site reduced in price I got one with no issues. I decided to get this one via hmv so there are no unwanted hassles, and got my dispatch email earlier today.

I expect this will come back in stock on HMV Ireland and Xtra-vision websites at some stage as stock becomes available from the UK
They simply must have sold out of their allocation and had more orders than that allocation and is why some orders got cancelled

The earlier you get your pre order in the better chance you get your order sent
I cancelled my original pre order done in March and reordered using a discount code on 24th May
If I had of kept my original march pre-order I would have had better chance of been provided with my order

I got my pre order for the Martin Steelbook and all previous pre orders for other releases from HMV Ireland when it was released all of these were pre orderd as soon as they got listed

The Revenant steelbook is my first pre order to got cancelled
Sometimes it's best to keep your original pre order and not re order

I actually got a copy this morning and a beautiful steelbook it is too. Really can't see it being bettered. Like the shine on it as well. It's not gloss and it's not matte but whatever it is it's nice.

Oh dear, as expected the Steelbook looks awful, dull, washed out with that horrible metallic sheen in places

Have they really spot glossed the tiny title or is that a sheen?

Well I'll have to wait to see what FA do to this rubbish or manta as a WEA
Didn't want to spend £40+ on it with manta but if they can top this crap then I'll have to

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
I guess HMV couldn't make every Steelbook awesome. Will probably pick this up when on sale
:LOL: HMV don't made any steelbooks they just sell what's offered to them to sell by the film studio/distributor with artwork design done by the film studio
It's a trade wide releases across Europe with some retailers getting exclusive

Very decent artwork and clever idea to combine the face with the background and kind of reminds me of the AMERICAN PSYCHO steelbook in reverse.

117473_large.jpg
147914_large.jpg

Easily the best choice of artwork out of the seven official posters and the only choice for the other U.K. and indeed worldwide releases of this film - normally I object to the same artwork used on both the plastic and metal cased editions but in this case . . .
As with others people my order cancelled by Xtra-vision so will re-order from HMV and pay full price.
Regarding artwork and finish: Great artwork and maybe not so great finish. Looks matte from the close-up and those swirls above the trees look like streaks in the finish OR are part of the artwork representing flurries of bad weather?
Reported spot gloss on the title only (can't see it myself) - and not on the orange "streaks" ? - is not what I was expecting and if it's another one joining recent examples where a metallic sheen effect is achieved not with spot gloss but by other means then it's a shame and will look more as if the effect has been created with a sharp pointy instrument to scratch away the topcoat to reveal an orange undercoat.
VERY happy to see a title on the spine what with releases of this steel in multiple territories and no excuse used that a spine title interferes with the artwork.