The Rock (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 31, 2012
Play.com will be releasing exclusive Buena Vista Steelbooks.
Release Date: October 8th, 2012

The Rock link

therock.jpg

Thanks to chadrtc

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody else think that the artwork for this entire wave is just a massive disappointment?!

That said, I have still pre-ordered the them all... :emb:

Reactions: Frasr
Does anybody else think that the artwork for this entire wave is just a massive disappointment?!

I think they are a bit disappointing but the fact that they are steelbooks and reasonably priced makes up for it. Plus I'll wait and see what they come up with for the back and inside and if there's going to be any embossing/debossing before I make a judgement.

i re watched this one yesterday night and honestly to me this one won't justify the steelbook buying, it's entertaining but just that...so i'll pass on this steelbook... what i do now days when they announce a catalog release; i watch the movie first and then i decide if i want to have the steel or not, with so many releases at the same time it's really hard to keep up, i think everyone could afford these releases if they could do it every other 3 or 4 months and not ever single month...now we have to keep up with new releases and catalog ones, any how, time to re watch ARMAGEDDON and CONAIR :)

I have ordered this, Armageddon and con air, I like the artwork as it's simple and effective. Is there any reason why they have decided to release the 3rd die hard and not the first 2?

Quiet the opposite actually, I think the artwork is awesome. It has a simplistic look and is to the point. So many steelbooks nowadays with so much artistic noise. This one and Armageddon are the best out of this wave with Con Air falling in third imo.

I like this front artwork, it is simple and also expressive with placed the outline of Alcatraz in the letters of movie title. I hope that the title will be embossed/debossed that would be great! And with some more colored artworks on the back and inside of steelbook, that would give a very nice overall effect.

ordered

Three of my favourite dumb action films of my youth. I knew there was a reason i hadnt bought these on blu yet.

play and Buena Vista don't care about your disappointment 'cause you pre-ordered them already! what's the point buying these if you don't like them?

Reactions: Blu-devil
One of my all-time favorite action movies. The artwork does look pretty simple and reminiscent of the Amaray and old DVD Criterion collection. Maybe I am a fan of the less is more concept, so that would explain why I like this and the Die Hard w/ a Vengenance artwork and am excited for both.