Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: March 13, 2017
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 999 CZK
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

15440512_1374540522578643_7361850964167799918_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome! I like that it has her doing a ripcurl on the slip, very nice indeed. :D Although the back of the slip just has the water!? I mean come on, that's what Universal did with the Jaws steelbook. At least they could have gone with the shark under the water or the freaken bird on the rocks or something. Nevertheless I'm still down for this. :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
Normal version is still in stock everywhere, so expect a price drop soon. Black Barons need to sort this out, can't see many being happy paying a lot extra just for the slip and booklet when the cards are beyond terrible. Can't believe they were that stupid to select those as the extra's!
Totally agree, was going to make this my first BB pick up but the Uk steel for £10 - 13 will do nicely...

Reactions: psychoscot
I'm not saying the art cards should be full of T&A, but when the movie features awesome surfing and a flippin' great shark.... Maybe art cards of the scenery was a mistake?

Exactly, I'm exaggerating a bit just to make my point clear. They didn't need to be 7 art cards of Blake's boobs (clearly that edition will be from blufans), but these cards are truly dreadful to not even capture scenes from the film. Barons seems to be "hiding" behind the claim all the good stuff is in the booklet. Well, I'm paying for more than the booklet.

And lest we forget the slip isn't particularly good either. 7 nice art cards would have made me care a lot less about that though.

I am kind of obsessed with this film because I love to surf, I love the ocean, I love sharks and I love Blake. I already have the uk steel on the way and will likely still buy this but other companies have made changes when customers really flipped out, so I'm hoping they get enough negative feedback that they reconsider those dopey cards.

Exactly, I'm exaggerating a bit just to make my point clear. They didn't need to be 7 art cards of Blake's boobs (clearly that edition will be from blufans), but these cards are truly dreadful to not even capture scenes from the film. Barons seems to be "hiding" behind the claim all the good stuff is in the booklet. Well, I'm paying for more than the booklet.

And lest we forget the slip isn't particularly good either. 7 nice art cards would have made me care a lot less about that though.

I am kind of obsessed with this film because I love to surf, I love the ocean, I love sharks and I love Blake. I already have the uk steel on the way and will likely still buy this but other companies have made changes when customers really flipped out, so I'm hoping they get enough negative feedback that they reconsider those dopey cards.

Valid points, i realised you were exaggerating. Vote with your wallet dude cos they won't change jack whilst the preorders are piling in :/

Reactions: Veronica Mars
Valid points, i realised you were exaggerating. Vote with your wallet dude cos they won't change jack whilst the preorders are piling in :/

Unfortunately, I have to have it. I'll be paying a lot for an average looking slip, a nice booklet and cards that might as well not even be included though.

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
Totally agree, was going to make this my first BB pick up but the Uk steel for £10 - 13 will do nicely...

Thinking the same thing myself. Those cards just ruin this package. Really wanted this, but £10 next to £30 or more for a slip thats not brilliant and cut out pics from First Choices 2017 holiday catalogue just isn't worth bothering about

I just do hope Black Baron knows what they're doing, start from slip that didn't relate much with the tone of the film (there're better arts than that surfing photo)
TheShallows.jpeg
now location photo cards, really? I don't recall that the film use that many locations...

Last edited:
I just do hope Black Baron knows what they're doing, start from slip that didn't relate much with the tone of the film (there're better arts than that surfing photo
now location photo cards, really? I don't recall that the film use that many locations...

I like both of those covers better. The one on the left is more artistic but I think, for sales purposes, you want Blake on the cover and the one on the right would have been a much better choice. But, at the very least, those would have made great art cards!

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom