The Shape of Water (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.18) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 29, 2018
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip (4K + BD) - Double Lenti (BD) - Quarter Slip (BD - Exclusive to the One Click Edition) (Pre-order October 5 at 8 PM Hong Kong time) Check your local time HERE
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip) - $43.99 (Double Lenti) - $145.98 (One Click)
Group Buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip (4K + 2D) - Double Lenti (2D)
Notes: One Click has a detachable cover with "see-through" PET.
Print run is limited to 2700 numbered copies (Full Slip 1100 + Double Lenti 1100 + One Click 500 sets that include 500 Quarter Slips).

FS_c9a7d6b7-686f-4b86-943e-92f93f8ca427.jpgSOF_DLS_packshot-2.jpgSOF_QS_front.jpg

382224-650dae6d033cf1c26a4bcecfcba89ee7.jpg
382222-059aa5d283deafc59a8a3735200047d5.jpg
382223-b67b1ef2b64b6625fd2c22104c94b93c.jpg
382254-03b1bc12a470e982952a171706b91537.jpg

SOW_FS_F.jpgSOW_FS_bk.jpg
SOW_LTFS_F.jpgSOW_LTFS_bk.jpg

Last edited:

You don't know @virkia? Oh, he's serious alright... :wacky:

I would take the time to comeback at his post and offer some form of "civilized" argument as to why he's completely wrong :giggle: but frankly I can't be arsed as it's just not worth it.. In one ear and out the other as they say.... :rolleyes: One could perhaps say biased as UK only for him ;) So not really a fair argument anyway lol.

I would take the time to comeback at his post and offer some form of "civilized" argument as to why he's completely wrong :giggle: but frankly I can't be arsed as it's just not worth it.. In one ear and out the other as they say.... :rolleyes: One could perhaps say biased as UK only for him ;) So not really a fair argument anyway lol.
I believe you're right Mickle, he's UK biased. And I'll give him that the WWA is very nice, but that's one thing and another is his statement... coming from a guy that debates steelbook finishes is just odd he can't see any difference this time. I still remember that glossy, less glossy and satin and zero finish comment.

I believe you're right Mickle, he's UK biased. And I'll give him that the WWA is very nice, but that's one thing and another is his statement... coming from a guy that debates steelbook finishes is just odd he can't see any difference this time. I still remember that glossy, less glossy and satin and zero finish comment.

I have nothing to say :whistle:

Yup, this steelbook clearly has better artwork than the WWA :rofl: ... pull the other one it's got bells on.

Reality check ... WWA steelbook paired up with the ML 4K fullslip looks just about the perfect match being an elegant take on the best SHAPE OF WATER artwork by James Jean - of particular interest 'cause it reminds one of the various drawings created on the way to the finished work.
QED:-
1543887579701.png
1543885827983.png

1543887026166.png

Yup, this steelbook clearly has better artwork than the WWA :rofl: ... pull the other one it's got bells on.

Reality check ... WWA steelbook paired up with the ML 4K fullslip looks just about the perfect match being an elegant take on the best SHAPE OF WATER artwork by James Jean - of particular interest 'cause it reminds one of the various drawings created on the way to the finished work.
View attachment 404999View attachment 404995

View attachment 404997
Far cry from QED but sure, it's subjective. Don't you go and preach about glossy less glossy and zero finish or moan when a steel is matte and flat in a week or two.

View attachment 404999View attachment 404995

View attachment 404997

1543889626816.gif

Quick question for the owners of an opened copy of the Box Set: does the 1/4 Slip have embossing on the title or any other special kind of finish to it? I know it says "Embossing" in the article details on the website, but it looks awfully flat in the few available pictures.
The same question applies to the The Greatest Showman 1/4 Slip.

Thanks in advance.

I'll update you once I open mine, if no one has done it first.

Reactions: CleverLoginName
How does one remove the door? Does it just fall out? Is it held in place by weak magnets?

Damn that one click is mighty fine. Manta Lab rule as far as design and execution for their box sets IMO.