The Shawshank Redemption (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

tha_lunatic

C.R.E.A.M
Premium Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
Earth
Release date: June 28, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon DE - Pretz-Media - JPC - MediaMarkt - Saturn - Rakete
Price: €24.99 (Pretz-Media - Rakete - MediaMarkt - Saturn) - €22.99 (JPC - Amazon)

91WzE9TQMYL._SY500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tono06
Shippping within Europe is another €9.99 which kills any kind of a good deal......

I ordered 2 copies for shipping to the U.S.and was charged €4.33 shipping.

I just cheacked and shipping one copy to the U.S. is €3.67. Wouldn't shipping within the Euro zone be cheaper?

How? I only have €9.99 shipping option to the U.S.

That's strange. Those are the prices I pay. It's possible that people with Prime accounts get reduced shipping costs when buying from international Amazon sites. Do you guys who pay more for shipping not have Prime accounts? I have a Prime account in the U.S., but I'm not sure if my benefits apply to international Amazon sites. I just know I pay less for shipping than what some of you are mentioning.

That's strange. Those are the prices I pay. It's possible that people with Prime accounts get reduced shipping costs when buying from international Amazon sites. Do you guys who pay more for shipping not have Prime accounts? I have a Prime account in the U.S., but I'm not sure if my benefits apply to international Amazon sites. I just know I pay less for shipping than what some of you are mentioning.
Thought you were talking about Turbine-Shop.de, my bad.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Just received my order from Turbine-Shop.de
Very nice steelbook,although it isn't in great condition.

The 2 copies I got from Amazon Germany arrived in mint condition. Even the plastic was undamaged with no tears. Admittedly, that isn't always the case when I order from them. That's why I always order 2 copies.

It does make me wonder if retailers sometimes give massive discounts because their stock isn't in the best shape.

Reactions: kolchaker
I was actually about to order this from amazon germany until i saw the other deal.
Ordered 6 futurepaks and the Shawshank steelbook.The futurepaks were immaculate but this steelbook was the one i really wanted and lo and behold there's dints at the top and bottom on the right side of the back of the steelbook when fully opened and a dint at the top left on the front which is probably why the spine is hanging on by a thread at either end.
Seems like it's either been dropped or stood on or something with a bit of weight to it stacked on top of it at some point.
Although if i do send it back it'll cost me to send and then i'll probably have to pay for them to send a replacement and originally it cost just under ten euros,uhhhhh dilemma,dilemma.

• Wow
Reactions: MM3
I was actually about to order this from amazon germany until i saw the other deal.
Ordered 6 futurepaks and the Shawshank steelbook.The futurepaks were immaculate but this steelbook was the one i really wanted and lo and behold there's dints at the top and bottom on the right side of the back of the steelbook when fully opened and a dint at the top left on the front which is probably why the spine is hanging on by a thread at either end.
Seems like it's either been dropped or stood on or something with a bit of weight to it stacked on top of it at some point.
Although if i do send it back it'll cost me to send and then i'll probably have to pay for them to send a replacement and originally it cost just under ten euros,uhhhhh dilemma,dilemma.

Contact them anyway. They may send you a replacement without you having to return the damaged copy.
Especially after telling them what kind of damage there is.

Reactions: kolchaker
Contact them anyway. They may send you a replacement without you having to return the damaged copy.
Especially after telling them what kind of damage there is.
Thanks,yeah think i will.
I've had damaged steels turn up before but this one wow,once it was opened it nearly fell apart.I could tell it was bad cause the spine title was pushed away from it's original place.
I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Thanks again,I'll post in this thread when i hear back from them.

Reactions: Stygian
Hello, to everyone.

I am hosting a GB for a custom-made fullslip for this 'The Shawshank Redemption' steelbook.
You all are invited to visit the thread and watch the photos of the fullslip.