The Shawshank Redemption (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Silver Label Special Edition) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2016
Release date: February 2020
Purchase link: SOLD OUT
Price: $38.99

851E9C0A-DC52-47DF-9EBB-885622D28550.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So back from London being in a meeting I could not get out of at 3pm UK time - did I miss anything ;)

yes ...everything :naughty:
After reading both threads - I'm kinda happy I did. Really would have liked to owned both Shawshank Inception, but the stress levels for all involved - even if been part of this just is too much. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, I didn't have the option to sit at the table and for once that may have not been a bad thing at all. Glad some got their copy after all, sad for the people that didn't.

Reactions: tha_lunatic
After reading both threads - I'm kinda happy I did. Really would have liked to owned both Shawshank Inception, but the stress levels for all involved - even if been part of this just is too much. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, I didn't have the option to sit at the table and for once that may have not been a bad thing at all. Glad some got their copy after all, sad for the people that didn't.
this was another hdzeta pain in the ass situation

happy days. :) the best edition of one of my favourite films has arrived - entirely thanks to @IRON MAN. :notworthy: for those still hoping to track this down, here's the photo album, and below for the unboxing. i would summarise this release as simple yet effective - less is more. lots of other releases could learn a lot.
View media item 27041
more shots of the unsealed front and back under the spoiler - check out the detail in what is a photo of a lenti, and the nice raised texture of the figure on the back:
and here is a video of that lenti. didn't realise the sunlight was so bright when recorded, but you still get a good idea - quite sharp, a lovely image, well treated:
View media item 27037
while i don't want to start here about how difficult it now is to get an HDZeta release - and it is, and getting worse :grumpy: - but there is something reassuring about their releases. everything fits perfectly, the folder is wel thought out, the booklet is good, the steelbook is dependable, the lenticular slip is high quality. but i get why lots of people have given up on (trying to get) them. anyway, here are additional details from the release (label, spine, number, specs):
having the Struzan on the slip front just ties everything in so well. it's the original poster, it's iconic, as is the back image, and the steelbook front. moral of the story - give people what they want! here are those artworks.
ok, the steebook. not sure what teatment they have used on the front, but it makes every line of rain seem individually engraved. i don't mean they are debossed, just really, really clear, with some highlighted to give depth, lovely. :woot: in some lights, it almost looks like a graphic image. this is a compliment. this is what i mean:
View media item 27026
the steelbok back is more conventional and is showing a bit of graining in the photo, but nothing you notice when looking at it normally. inside image is fine, and thank goodness we don't have a plain disc. here are some more photos of the steelbook:
the folder is good, not too many character cards, but they are fine, and the usual numbering card in the HDZeta 'new' style (i.e. it is card, instead of the plastic 'credit card' ones they used to do). here are some more shots of the folder:
finally, the booklet is a perfect bound affair - what i call a proper booklet, with text, essays, actor biographies and some good photos. here's a sneak peak:
i missed my chance to get this (and Inception) direct from HDZeta due to work commitments, :angry: so i know i'm very lucky to have been able to get it on the secondary market, and from such a trusted source.
;)

if you are also still looking, good luck to you - and please stay sensible and healthy, all. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.