The Shining (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #24) [Czech Republic]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 22, 2020 (TBC)
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1499 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc
Notes: Full Slip XL, limited to 501 copies

92575047_2601287603441104_6323314117486575616_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@DMD4k So if I wanted Exorcist I should turn to scalper ? Is that right way to go ?

Yes, I bought that one, and yes, I'm sure you guys are not gonna play with me any more.

This is business and collecting, and this move ain't nothing new under the sun.

....wanna cig @Flloydo ?
I can't say what you should do. I guess you should do as you please!! My message was aimed at the retailer, not at whoever is considering buying these unnumbered editions.
If I end up wanting BB24 down the road, because it's a nice slip after all, I would buy a numbered edition in the secondary market. But, again, you should do as you see fit. I'm only speaking for myself.

The previous unnumbered editions that were made in the past were offered and advertised at the same time as the sale of numbered copies, so you could decide what to do up front(and we’re different editions than the numbered ones as @DMD4k stated)

For those who bought the numbered copies for any of these 4 titles i can only assume that it was expected that they would have this limited numbered edition and no other copies floating around. Now FA adding extra *unnumbered copies exactly the same” thing as the sold out numbered ones... I don’t believe it is fair to those who expected that their numbered copies would be limited as advertised upon purchase.

*at the exception of As Above, So Below

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: DMD4k
This is a shocking practice. I know this is BB doing it, and I also know that FA themselves have done unnumbered editions in the past, FF7, The Martian and Everest come to mind, maybe others too, all before my time. They were all different slips, completely different slips, not just a question of losing a card and a sticker.

Very displeased with this approach. I thought Nova JW, JW2 and JW3 was bad enough 8 months after the fact. BB doing it what, within 1 month? of people having these in hand is just plain ridiculous.

I want to see them do well, but this is not the way, it's not even in the same direction as the right way. This is business suicide.

This all just doesn't feel right. I also don't like nova doing the John Wick rereleases. I somehow have the feeling that the steelbook premium industry was on it's peak in 2016-early 2019 in terms of effort made by retailers etc and now with for example nova having financial problems the industry is just kinda..dying? I mean there must be a reason why there are much more rereleases nowadays right?

Or maybe I'm just experiencing lockdown pessimism idk

no, from your point of view it only makes sense to now buy the unnumbered edition... but from FACs point of view first selling an item advertised as ultralimited and then releasing the exact same item within a few weeks/months is quite shady imo.... much of those editions appeal is the limitation, maybe not for you, but for many others.. and especially those that *did* turn to scalpers will be pissed and rightfully so

I get your point, and Flloydos and DMD4K's. Not saying that.

I do not actually collect so much what is very limited, but movies I love and happen to get cool premium release. Gimme limited 10 item only Top Gun and I could not care less ( tho most of here would love one ) But 7000 item Apocalypse.Now and I would buy one ( again ).

Cheers ! :thanks:

I get your point, and Flloydos and DMD4K's. Not saying that.

I do not actually collect so much what is very limited, but movies I love and happen to get cool premium release. Gimme limited 10 item only Top Gun and I could not care less ( tho most of here would love one ) But 7000 item Apocalypse.Now and I would buy one ( again ).

Cheers ! :thanks:

I’m not against this unnumbered re release though. Unless Ive read you wrong and you mean you get my ‘for’ side and DMD4Ks ‘against‘ side?

In that case.....Space cadet the Liberal. Never thought I’d see the day;)

Hey guys

As already stated there will be some UNnumbered editions of the latest Black Barons releases (22-25). They are basically the same as the numbered editions, with only two changes: numbering card and hologram slightly updated (removal of the numbering).

There wont be a GB for these, but Karel should be able to get few copies. But again the time is limited so we only have today to do this. Prices are the same as for the numbered editions.

To get a copy please contact me and Karel (carllenc) directly via PM, after confirmation that your copy can be reserved we will invoice you right away so please be ready to pay the invoice asap.

Thank you all

PM Sent - hope its not too late, only just seen this

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Has anyone heard anything back from Filmarena about the unnumbered sets?
Their message said something about Robots and mentioned 2nd July. But it has all gone a bit quiet?

Their message said something about Robots and mentioned 2nd July. But it has all gone a bit quiet?
Filmarena couldn't fullfil the quantity. So they're going to send you out a copy of this instead on July 2nd....

robot_overlords1.jpg

That was the robots you mentioned...... :p

Yes watch out your window and if you see a robot walking around your place with something in hands then it’s probably your unnumbered copy ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: harvester84
Nope. absolutely nothing. The robots or would I say timed business logic that runs, see's if you are eligible and creates an order for you to pay, informs you by email or if you log into your account, you would see one pending. If you have nothing now, I would expect that the chances are dwindling. You never know.

Did you try and reach out to @CollectorEmtee & @carllenc to see if they had any spare, they would be best chance now :thumbs:

How much are the reprints for this? The instragram says the reprint unnumbered editions are limited to 150 copies, that true?