The Sting (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 17, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on March 23 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £37.99
Finish: Matte

12945433-1.jpg

What's Included

• The Sting 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray Steelbook enclosed in a Gloss UV Slipcase
  • 32-page behind-the-scenes booklet including script excerpt from the iconic 'Poker Game' scene
  • 4 x Art Cards
  • Theatrical Poster

• The Art of The Sting: 3-Part Documentary on the creation of the film, featuring Interviews with Robert Redford, Paul Newman and many more
  • 100 years of Universal: Restoring the Classics
  • 100 years of Universal: The ‘70s
  • 100 years of Universal: The Lot

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m happy to get the USA version. 20 USD and neither this slip nor the OAB version look better than the bare steel (assuming the steel is well done).

So everyone think this slipbox looks great??
It makes me feel like it is a dark, violent crime story.:sour:
Not very into it...
I don't think it sucks at all, but this post did send my mind to my beautiful embossed Kimchi Jackie Brown that is just all world. I could imagine the same treatment for this film.

You'd think so, but...they did it once before, and this is what happened:

10920271-2894746108550746.jpg
Oh how I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Pop Art. I should have qualified my statement with "unless its pop art, then don't bother", but I take for granted that, at this point, most people know this above image brings nothing but sadness to me. Love the inside art, though. If it had come with a boss Full Slip I might have pulled the trigger. Still.....it's full scale yuckypoo to this Ninja.

Both this and Animal House came in those wraparound card things where you have to rip a strip off to open them... similar to what HMV (and sometimes Amazon) use.
Ok cool as long as it was not a jiffy bag as never had much luck with them from zavvi.