The Sword in the Stone (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #33) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: June 15, 2015
Purchase link: The Sword in the Stone
Price: £19.99
Notes: 3000 only

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

01.jpg

11127513-1224298751026463.jpg 11127513-1804298750898444.jpg 11127513-8784298750903112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended my relationship with them entirely. They refused a refund for an item, claiming they never got it - despite the fact it was put in the same (appropriately labelled) package with another steelbook (and 2 return forms), for which I was refunded. Funny, heh? I am very grateful for the Sword in the Stone steel, one of my all-time fave animated Disney classics, but it stops here for me.

1. They just out right lied to sell more.
2. They have magically found more stock somewhere else
3. reprint
4. they have had more returns which has pushed it back above the 200 mark

The first one 100%, every time I get one of the emails it's always 200 left (Recently its been 500 as they think people are catching on) - a figure that sounds like there is huge demand for the steelbook, but still just enough left if you hurry so you wont miss out :ohno:

Yeah all right Zavvi, obviously 1800 steelbooks have just sold to pre-orders in a day or 2 since they launch to when you send me these silly updates :facepalm:

I have quit about 90% of my normal zavvvi buying this year. Best thing Ive ever done.

I quit 100% of my zavvi buying. Haven't bought anything in many months. I've got nothing against the zavvi steelbooks, but everything else just failed. I got so tired of receiving so many damages steelbooks and having to deal with their customer service. I rather buy from Filmarena, Kimchidvd and others than continue my painful battle with zavvi.

Reactions: blu-steel
I have quit about 90% of my normal zavvvi buying this year. Best thing Ive ever done.

I have quit 90% of purchasing steelbooks altogether. Market (and especially Zavvi) is so overflown with steelbooks I have lost the interest, there's a steelbook for almost any movie now, and you can be sure there will be a steelbook for any future movie as well. I very rarely buy steelbooks anymore.

Last edited:
I haven't changed my spending habits with Zavvi. I always pre-order with them and then cancel if something better or cheaper comes along.

I also usually ignore those "last 200 remaining" campaigns. That is, unless it is something I really want.

Anyone can suppose that they are using marketing tactics to sell more SteelBooks. Even if they were, that tactic would backfire on them. They will eventually adjust their ordering numbers and there will be fewer SteelBooks available going forward.

Annoyed it's sold out on Zavvi, I returned my one from the "Buy One Get One Free" offer as it had scratches on it. Not sure how Zavvi are going to refund me, unless they can find me one to replace it (very, very unlikely). I paid for Sword in the Stone and the other steelbook (Princess and the Frog) was free.

I have bought a used one off eBay for £15 (I open my steelbooks anyways) just in case the prices slowly start to creep up, even if it comes back in stock on Zavvi it probably wont be in the BOGOF