4K-USA The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974) (4K + Blu-ray) (Kino Lober) [USA]

Space Cadet

[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
Release date: December 20, 2022
Purchase links: Kino Lorber
Price: $26.57

TToP4k.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JGCramp
I always thought tha one with D. Washington wasn't remake... :emb:
Will give this one a shot.

"The aliases of the four train hijackers were Mr. Blue, Mr. Green, Mr. Grey, and Mr. Brown." Does that sound familiar ? Some one, "little known" director may have had "borrowed" that idea ... :naughty:

Reactions: JGCramp
The remake was dire. The original is a classic in so many ways.....

I didn't know and to tell the truth i'm sure many ppl don't know about original.
And i don't think this is lonely case. If originals aren't released/restored and in remake isn't any word about original then how the help should ppl know it's remake.
Figures... >.<

I didn't know and to tell the truth i'm sure many ppl don't know about original.
And i don't think this is lonely case. If originals aren't released/restored and in remake isn't any word about original then how the help should ppl know it's remake.
Figures... >.<
Sadly 90% of the time this happens. They have just released a film in the cinema called Operation Mincemeat and they are raving about it. Trouble is it's already been done as the superb 1956 film The Man who never was... I honestly don't see this new film even being in the same league for various reasons.

Screen legends Walter Matthau (Charley Varrick) and Robert Shaw (Force 10 from Navarone) team up with Martin Balsam (After the Fox) and Hector Elizondo (Valdez is Coming) to deliver a sure-fire entertainment that's gripping and exciting from beginning to end and is guaranteed to give you the ride of your life.

A gang of armed professionals hijack a New York subway train somewhere outside the Pelham station threatening to kill one hostage per minute unless their demands are met. Forced to stall these unknown assailants until a ransom is delivered or a rescue is made, transit chief Lt. Garber (Matthau) must shrewdly outmaneuver one of the craftiest and cruelest villains (Shaw) in a battle of wits that will either end heroically or tragically. Featuring masterful direction by Joseph Sargent (White Lightning), gorgeous widescreen cinematography by Owen Roizman (The French Connection), a classic rousing score by David Shire (The Conversation) and top-notch editing by Jerry Greenberg (Apocalypse Now) and Robert Q. Lovett (Cotton Comes to Harlem).

4K UHD Extras Include:
DISC 1 (4KUHD):

-Brand New HDR/Dolby Vision Master – From a 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative
-NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
-Audio Commentary by Actor/Filmmaker Pat Healy and Film Programmer/Historian Jim Healy
-5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Audio
-Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc
-Optional English Subtitles

DISC 2 (BLU-RAY):
-Brand New 4K Master
-NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
-Audio Commentary by Actor/Filmmaker Pat Healy and Film Programmer/Historian Jim Healy
-THE MAKING OF PELHAM ONE TWO THREE: Vintage Featurette from the Point of View of New York City Transit Policeman, Carmine Foresta, who appears in the Film as a Train Expediter
-12 MINUTES WITH MR. GREY: Interview with Actor Hector Elizondo
-CUTTING ON ACTION: Interview with Editor Gerald B. Greenberg
-THE SOUND OF THE CITY: Interview with Composer David Shire
-Trailers from Hell with Josh Olson
-Image and Poster Gallery
-Theatrical Trailer
-TV Spot
-2 Radio Spots
-5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Audio
-Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
-Optional English Subtitles

Reactions: Space Cadet