The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 12, 2018
UK
Release date: October 28, 2019 November 11, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live Sunday 8th September 6pm (18.00) UK Time)
Price: £15.99

12239868-8574694195798250.jpg12239868-1514694195354523.jpg12239868-8774694195480187.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty in pink, no less.
By my reckoning, only four more possibles to go after these latest two.
Any idea when this, & Pom Poko go live?

Poppy Hill, Yamada’s, Pom Poko & Marnie are the last remaining movies still to get the steelbook treatment. Glad to see Kaguya is next up but an October wait grrrrr.

Reactions: GeoRattray
my only bug bear is see that some titles have become really expensive to get although luckily have most of the super pricy titles so will cost me a small fortune for my complacency in collecting them

my only bug bear is see that some titles have become really expensive to get although luckily have most of the super pricy titles so will cost me a small fortune for my complacency in collecting them

What titles are pricey ? So far have complete collection ... all from Zavvi with Zavvi's prices ... Thanks !

Sweet, it's a good day when another is announced - always day 1 pre-orders for me... :thumbs:

I just hope they never get the to last one and have that conversation if they'd release it or not...Nah, it ill be fine :naughty:

Reactions: Noodles
Sweet, it's a good day when another is announced - always day 1 pre-orders for me... :thumbs:

I just hope they never get the to last one and have that conversation if they'd release it or not...Nah, it ill be fine :naughty:
Same here... these are the only series of films I instantly pre-order the steel for, simply because they match.

A lot of other studios out there should take note... this is exactly how steels for franchises should be done!

Reactions: kitsune
Same here... these are the only series of films I instantly pre-order the steel for, simply because they match.

A lot of other studios out there should take note... this is exactly how steels for franchises should be done!
Absolutely agree, may have a divided audience on the final product, but no one can argue against this being mammoth of a collection to date :thumbs:

Thanks to other supporters of the line too, without that appetite to have these as a collection, this could have fizzled out many years ago...

Reactions: Noodles
Poppy Hill, Yamada’s, Pom Poko & Marnie are the last remaining movies still to get the steelbook treatment. Glad to see Kaguya is next up but an October wait grrrrr.
Yes, looking forward to the announcements of the last ones....

Back in 2001, the Barbican Centre (London) had it's Studio Ghibli season between Oct and Nov, where I got to see Princess Mononoke and My Neighbors the Yamadas. I fell in love with Ghibli movies such as Yamadas as they had such heart :joy:

Any idea when this goes live?
If I were a betting man I'd say next Sunday.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Easily the best steelbook collection in the UK with the largest number matching - is it 20 already? - and you've got to go way down the numbers to get to the next set with WB's "Premium Collection" of 12 steels followed by the only other two collections of 10 steels - WB's "Original Poster Collection" and the STAR TREK 50th Anniversary Collection . . . loadsa matching steels collections under 5 (unsurprisingly)and a few matching between 5 steels and 9.

Last edited: