Mondo THE THIN RED LINE by Tomer Hanuka

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
errence Malick's films are beautiful pieces of visual art themselves, so it can be difficult to match an artist to such lush source material. Beyond the cinematography, they're also layered with metaphorical meaning and poetic ironies. We talked a lot internally about which artist would make the best poster for The Thin Red Line, as it's not an easy job, and we all landed on Tomer Hanuka. He once again did not let us down here, delivering a beautiful illustration with loads of subtle nods to the greater story at play. If this had come out in 2015, it'd have been my favorite poster of the year.

Here's what Tomer had to say about his poster:
"Fighting a hellish battle in the Pacific theater of WWII, a soldier is deeply moved by the beauty of the natural world as he experiences a prosaic baptism by fire. His interior life and the reality of war are equally epic; the eternal and temporal... life and death."

The Thin Red Line
by Tomer Hanuka. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

TRLR.jpg

The Thin Red Line (Variant) by Tomer Hanuka. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

TRLV.jpg

Available 1/21/16 at Mondo at a Random time

I ordered the green regular! Such an awesome release. Rarely seen a regular / variant set where both of them gave the situation and movie a different tone!
I like the calm green moment more than the red but it was a tough choice!

Reactions: Spike Anderson