The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection #164) [Czech Republic]

May 26, 2013
France
Release date: November 16, 2022
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

film_26410_2.jpg

film_26410_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So did they really edit the head on that artwork? If the original artwork did not have that head this really does look like a poor decision.
It's very edited. What in the world were they thinking? Here's the original painting by Drew Struzan. If I remember correctly, he painted it without having seen the film, and with almost no information about the story. It's serendipitous that the abstract ambiguity ended up being such a classic poster image.

DSTT.jpg

Oh, they just put the head from the steelbook art there.

Just got an email that Pre-orders start on August 3rd for this, Inglourious Basterds, Onward, and two editions of Justice League.
At least this one is 1000 copies, I can get in with my late high number directly!

Oh, they just put the head from the steelbook art there.

Just got an email that Pre-orders start on August 3rd for this, Inglourious Basterds, Onward, and two editions of Justice League.
At least this one is 1000 copies, I can get in with my late high number directly!
As long as there is a group buy I'm a happy camper..

Dear Collectors,

we would like to inform you about the plan to launch pre-orders for the titles:

FAC #163 JUSTICE LEAGUE Lenticular 3D FullSlip XL Edition 1 - when you buy both E1 + E2 editions you will get a HARDBOX FULLSLIP XL as a GIFT
FAC #163 JUSTICE LEAGUE Lenticular 3D FullSlip XL Edition 2 - when you buy both E1 + E2 editions you will get a HARDBOX FULLSLIP XL as a GIFT
FAC #164 THE THING Lenticular 3D FullSlip XL + Lenticular 3D Magnet
FAC #165 INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS FullSlip XL + Lenticular 3D Magnet
FAC #166 ONWARD Lenticular 3D FullSlip XL + Lenticular 3D Magnet

Pre-order launch date for permanent collectors numbers: August 3, 2022, at 7:00 a.m. CET. BEWARE WE ARE TRYING A NEW START TIME FOR THIS ROUND. THANK YOU!
End date for pre-orders for permanent collectors numbers: August 10, 2022, at 8:00 p.m. CET.
Pre-order launch date for all customers: August 10, 2022, at 8:00 p.m. CET.

Information on individual editions you will be able to find on the page of each product.

We are looking forward to your pre-orders. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Warm regards,
FA team