The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection) [Czech Republic]

Added to Calendar: 09-06-21

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
The existing Steelbook releases are pretty dreadful, so Film Arena can't really go wrong with this one.

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
The Moon
One of my favourite films but I already own 2 steelbooks for this title and I think both are pretty fantastic steels and both completely different (plus my mondo is signed by carpenter :) ) so I'll doubt I'll jump on this but looking forward to seeing the packages (never know it might sway me)

Reactions: lolwut and harry
D

Deleted member 9789

This just needs to be the same as the German release with English text and it's a winner. The Drew Struzan art cannot be beaten.

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
The Moon
Actually thinking about it, i know the package will be quality and I'll only want it anyway so if the release for this is 2017 then I have plenty of time to save (lol) and as its one of my fav sci fi's, carpenter films and Kurt films it will prob be a no brainier plus I just realised although I own it twice already i only actualy spent £8 altogether on the steels (mondo I won and i got the horizontal debossed steel for £8 in CEX mint).
Looking forward to seeing package details and images anyway (might be a bit of a wait though)

Reactions: chunk

Lollard2002

Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2012
Belfast
I had to look at the 2017 tag and by then they could probably do a dual blu-ray / Ultra blu-ray special edition of John Carpenters The Thing. I don't think there has been any special edition of the Thing to Date.

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, OHIO - U.S.A.
I had to look at the 2017 tag and by then they could probably do a dual blu-ray / Ultra blu-ray special edition of John Carpenters The Thing. I don't think there has been any special edition of the Thing to Date.
There was the UK Play.com horizontal melting rubber mask steelbook edition. (Some might call that "special").:p
image.jpeg

Jul 31, 2012
Scotland
I watched a bit of this once before but it was late at night and I was tired and I fell asleep about half way through it, I remember thinking though that it wasn't very good, I'm probably about the only person that thinks that on here going by how popular a movie this is :LOL:

• Informative
Reactions: C.C. 95