The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection #164) [Czech Republic]

May 26, 2013
France
Release date: November 16, 2022
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

film_26410_2.jpg

film_26410_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched a bit of this once before but it was late at night and I was tired and I fell asleep about half way through it, I remember thinking though that it wasn't very good, I'm probably about the only person that thinks that on here going by how popular a movie this is :LOL:

Definitely give it another try. I have seen The Thing probably a 50 times and consider it as a masterpiece. Even though E.T was a huge success in 1982 (released few weeks before The Thing) and became very popular, it's The Thing that went to gain a cult following and became one of the greatest scifi movies ever. I have always loved The Thing and I totally recommend it to you.

Definitely give it another try. I have seen The Thing probably a 50 times and consider it as a masterpiece. Even though E.T was a huge success in 1982 (released few weeks before The Thing) and became very popular, it's The Thing that went to gain a cult following and became one of the greatest scifi movies ever. I have always loved The Thing and I totally recommend it to you.
Yeah I'll have to give it another watch mate at some point, preferably when I'm not half asleep lol I don't think my opinion on it will change that much though but hopefully it does :thumbs: I did enjoy the prequel and I watched that before I got around to watching this one

Yeah I'll have to give it another watch mate at some point, preferably when I'm not half asleep lol I don't think my opinion on it will change that much though but hopefully it does :thumbs: I did enjoy the prequel and I watched that before I got around to watching this one

Yes, atleast watch it once to the end ;). Maybe like it, maybe not. My wife pretty much hates this movie and I love it to death.

Reactions: Scarface and harry
We could all be dead before the 2017 release.:confused:
No use talking about it until next year...

Just what I was thinking.

FA announcing 5 catalogue releases for 2017, on top of other inevitable releases of new 2016 films, while not forgetting that they have already announced about 15 FAC editions not yet released (I'm not even including the X-Men and Fast & Furious series here), and opening a thread for this seems a bit rushed.

Plus we saw how long it took for them to deliver John Wick, the first steelbooks they conceived 'in-house', so with all those new announcements being other 100% 'in-house' projects... it's going to take a while before we get The Thing in hand.

All that to say there's not much of a point to open this thread this soon, imo. All we're going to get throughout 2016 is people bumping the thread asking "any news???" in vain :D.

Reactions: C.C. 95
This movie is still great today, the effects are still scary, good performances and John Carpenter at his best, one of the greatest remakes ever! yes some do not know it was a remake, what more could be said, so good to hear it's getting a premium release.

I hope FAC out shines the other releases, I never liked them tbh, if they use the great movie poster it's going to look great, the hard part is it's scheduled for 2017, hope we get teasers of what it looks like well before then. :)

HC_the_thing.jpg

Last edited:
This movie is still great today, the effects are still scary, good performances and John Carpenter at his best, one of the greatest remakes ever! yes some do not know it was a remake, what more could be said, so good to hear it's getting a premium release.

I hope FAC out shines the other releases, I never liked them tbh, if they use the great movie poster it's going to look great, the hard part is it's scheduled for 2017, hope we get teasers of what it looks like well before then. :)

View attachment 218812

I've never been a fan of the Struzan poster art and for this, for years I thought it was an old diving suit!
lg12.jpg

However since it's a classic poster now, at least one steelbook should at least feature it.

• Informative
Reactions: C.C. 95