The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection #164) [Czech Republic]

May 26, 2013
France
Release date: November 16, 2022
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

film_26410_2.jpg

film_26410_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a classic love this movie to bits really happy to hear news for this but my favourite from the lot is Shawshank redemption come on FA get the ball rolling on these titles as we ninjas are really excited.

Still don't get the love for Shawshank. It's a decent film, sure. But I don't really get the love for the film that "makes grown men cry". I cried more when John McClane hurt his feet in DIE HARD

I'm the same. Don't understand the films reputation. A decent film in my books but that's all

Yeah. I "get" all of the story...:LOL: It just doesn't get to me that way. Other films with similar themes have.
I just find all of King's stories and Darabont's films hugely melodramatically manipulative in a bad way.
I don't get moved by Green Mile either. I feel the fingers behind the scenes pushing the "You Cry Now" button, and I resent it.
I don't fault people for enjoying it. I am clearly a minority voice in that one...

You're not alone, it's pure manipulative schmaltz. As are the other films being name-dropped in relation to it. Can't stand that type of film.

This is still 2 years away, minimum. Just put it in the archives for now like King Kong. Getting excited for this is like somebody putting me in a sleeper hold in a wrestling match and the referee checking my arm and seeing that it's still limp with no life whatsoever.

Yeah, in fact if I were a Mod, I would lock the thread till some kind of info was released.

I guess I'll be the first to say, "No remaster, no sale!" The HD-DVD has a better transfer (no DNR). Same reason I didn't buy the Mondo or Play steels (also because they didn't use the original poster art).

I love Shawshank and the Green Mile. I'm a man of the 21st Century, I'm sensitive.
Only yesterday I was telling my best friend that on Saturday night I cried in bed.
He said were you alone when this happened.
I said Yes, now you know why I was crying.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95