The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection #164) [Czech Republic]

May 26, 2013
France
Release date: November 16, 2022
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

film_26410_2.jpg

film_26410_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Shawshank and the Green Mile. I'm a man of the 21st Century, I'm sensitive.
Only yesterday I was telling my best friend that on Saturday night I cried in bed.
He said were you alone when this happened.
I said Yes, now you know why I was crying.
23jfq11.jpg

OMG. Haven't noticed it until now. A must buy. One of the best movies of all time. Please Filmarena, do this movie justice.
MacReady and Childs are gonna chill.... Find out who is who. And who is The Thing....:thumbs:
69fddj.jpg

Damn I would have bought both slip boxes if that was the artwork

In a way I'm happy this doesn't seem to have progressed as it would probably be an XL boxset now and way too expensive for me with the crud UK exchange rate, oh what could have been though...

I’ve known about this for quite some time now (@Noodles art) and it pains me that this hasn’t happened yet. His time was wasted (although you can look at it that we get to see some awesome concepts) but it’s one of the only things FA would of pulled me back to get a proper package for. Shame

But as I told you a few years back, you killed it mate

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
If they do ever go ahead with this release (which looks doubtful), then it'd be cool to go back to my old designs and complete them, or even come up with something new... I feel I've learnt a lot more since then.

They also asked me to design a one-click box, but I obviously never got around to that part. The only other thing I designed for the project was an Outpost 31 logo, which I suggested making into an actual wearable patch. Chances are it probably would've just ended up as a graphic on the OC box somewhere though.

I was also really hoping they could give the Struzan slip a holofoil finish, since it already has those shimmery type of colours anyway, so it would've looked really neat IMO. Wish I could remember what my plan was for the back art lol.

Thank you to everyone who's left feedback, both here and on social media. It's much appreciated! And apologies to those who expected the thread bump to be actual news on this release... trust me, I know the feeling. :(

EDIT - And a huge thanks to FilmArena of course! I don't mean to sound ungrateful when I express my disappointment that this never went forward. It was an absolute pleasure to work alongside Jan, and this was genuinely one of the funnest and most exciting projects I've ever done, so I'm extremely thankful for the experience/opportunity. :)

Last edited:
i still want to believe that FAC will do it :) also 4k UHD is needed and would be lovely to have it in combination with a prequel

Well after 5 years I can't possibly see them coming up with anything that anybody here will be completely satisfied with.

You know the "after 5 years this is the best they can do?" comments are coming. There will be a lot of complaining on the way to this selling out.

release september 6, 2021
limited to 751 copies

@Flloydo

I thought this was never going to happen. Thought it was cancelled.
I highly doubt I’ll go for it now though

@Noodles you got anything to do with this? Have they used your designs?