The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection #164) [Czech Republic]

May 26, 2013
France
Release date: November 16, 2022
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

film_26410_2.jpg

film_26410_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank goodness for group buys. At least some of us have some kind of chance.

I still don't understand how the heck they divvy these things out. It seems like they only go initially to people who own some magic FAC coin or something, just to wind up on ebay for 300 dollars.

@Noodles didn't know you were in this game and had worked with FAC. that's pretty cool, man. I'd love to see some of your concepts for this if available!

This will be likely the Universal WWA 4K UHD Steelbook with a print run of 751

It was previously meant to be a WEA steelbook but that likely was changed due to Universal doing a WWA 4K UHD steelbook release for Europe

751 is not unusual for a WWA steelbook from FilmArena some some even can be as low as 501 or 301
A lot of WWA FilmArena FAC releases do have small print runs

As this no longer is a WEA release that is why print run is only 751

When FilmArena do a WEA steelbook that is when print run is high and has multiple editions these usually have 4,000 print run or more

With 751 copies won't they all go to people with FAC #'s?
Yes initially

If a member with a FAC number below 751 decides to not to get this release that will be offered to someome else on waiting list as in those that clicks I want to buy on FilmArena Website or to a Group Buy host

If you don't have a FAC number betwwen 0-751 with FilmArena your best best will be to use a Group Buy
Amount offered to GB hosts though I expect will be a small amount

Reactions: Stygian
I thought this was never going to happen. Thought it was cancelled.
I highly doubt I’ll go for it now though

@Noodles you got anything to do with this? Have they used your designs?
No idea mate... haven't heard anything about it since I originally started those designs years ago. Will be interesting to see what they do go with, that's fur sure!

@Noodles didn't know you were in this game and had worked with FAC. that's pretty cool, man. I'd love to see some of your concepts for this if available!
Yeah, this was supposed to be the BIG one... at least in my mind anyway lol. Gutted nothing ever came to light, but it was still a pretty cool experience and I'm thankful they even considered me for the job in the first place. :)

Any updates on this? Perhaps a revised release date? On FAC it says they are 'preparing'? Does that mean no Group Buy and all I have are tears of sorrow instead of alien altering marrow?

Any updates on this? Perhaps a revised release date? On FAC it says they are 'preparing'? Does that mean no Group Buy and all I have are tears of sorrow instead of alien altering marrow?
it could say preparing for a year. There is no indication this is coming soon

Reactions: Shark
I have faith in FAC now because after so many years they actually released BVS and some Marvel movies. I believe this one will show up one day, so i won’t buy the slip case edition released by the taiwan retailer.

Other retailer which releases takes ages before take home (since they announced).

I own Deadpool 2, Venom and Spider-Man Far From Home from them, just because they designed and produced WEA steelbooks.