The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 20, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 3 Red Carpet live, general sale at 9 AM - UK time)
Price: £29.99

The Thing SteelBook.jpg

Open.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanna see another "Das Ding"
Whenever I see that title, I immediately go to one place and one place alone......

"That's right, that's right, I'm sad and blue, cause I can do the boogaloo, I'm lost, I'm lost can't do my thing, and that's why I sing Gimme Gimme Das Ding"
"Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat, Gimme Gimme Gimme Dat, Gimme Das Ding, Gimme Dat Gimme Gimme Dat, Gimme Das Ding, Gimme Dat, Gimme Gimme Dat, Gimme Gimme Gimme Das Ding".

apologies to fans of Gimme Dat Ding.

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83 and Stygian
No, I've been informed about this. Arrow is not involved, the release is by Universal themself :)
If you was going by the thread in 4K section that was USA release that is not official announcement
Info was from GeekGab and artwork is fan made

GeekGag is not reliable for release information he makes up a lot and just guesses a lot of releases without getting from actual offical info

There is no UK 4K release been anounced yet

Will it happen very likely yes but it might be this year or next year but at the moment it's a release not yet confirmed for the UK

Possible Europe releases are not UK
Italy release yes looks like will happen in November 2021 but that also is still TBC but that is not a UK release

Universal Pictures UK and Universal Europe are different

A UK release can be from either Universal UK or Arrow Video or a release from both labels
There might be a 4K release from both in UK next year but that is TBC
Until they offically announce the UK release it's just guessing

If you was going by the thread in 4K section that was USA release that is not official announcement

GeekGag is not reliable for release information he makes up a lot and just guesses a lot of releases without getting from actual offical info

Will it happen very likely yes but it might be this year or next year but at the moment it's a release not yet confirmed for the UK

Italy release yes looks like will happen in November 2021 but that also is still TBC but that is not a UK release

A UK release can be from either Universal UK or Arrow Video or a release from both labels
no worries Paul, I haven't used his informations, I know what you're talking about ;) :thanks:

It should be arriving in months by the way

• Haha
Reactions: StifflersDad

So
If I understand you correctly Paul
Arrow and Universal are DEFINITELY releasing this in UK next month??

So
If I understand you correctly Paul
Arrow and Universal are DEFINITELY releasing this in UK next month??
Arrow is not involved, even if they released that Bluray back some years ago. This is at least what I know, could be they use Arrow's master but the release itself will be by Uni

Universal will have access to any 4k masters used for arrow releases regardless of whether they were Universal or arrow derived. Waterworld is a prime example of this happening.

Pitch Black will be another once the evident arrow exclusivity is up and Universal want to release a cheapo 4k boxset of the 3 films to tie in with the new theatrical release of Furia.

Arrow's releases are quality, with DV. Universal do atleast give dtsx though, often DV as well, with lesser titles getting hdr10+.

This thread was created WAY in advance though. Good intentions aside, the OP has a bad habit of doing this. Prior knowledge or not, without an official/imminent announcement of release, a thread should not be created.

Last edited:
This thread was created WAY in advance though. Good intentions aside, the OP has a bad habit of doing this. Prior knowledge or not, without an official/imminent announcement of release, a thread should not be created.

Yup.
Reminds me of some of those FAC threads that used to open before the film was even out at the cinema. Knowing a GB or even artworks won’t be announced for another year

• Haha
Reactions: milky and djjez83
Yup.
Reminds me of some of those FAC threads that used to open before the film was even out at the cinema. Knowing a GB or even artworks won’t be announced for another year
Agreed. In all fairness though, FAC do regularly say (in some capacity or another) they'll be doing titles years before they actually do, occasionally even before the theatrical release.

Agreed. In all fairness though, FAC do regularly say (in some capacity or another) they'll be doing titles years before they actually do, occasionally even before the theatrical release.

Thats what I said lol. Before out at the cinema. They would announce that they will dress up a WWA steel, a thread would open and this was well before cinema/ theatrical release and well before they know what the steel would look like

Thats what I said lol. Before out at the cinema. They would announce that they will dress up a WWA steel, a thread would open and this was well before cinema/ theatrical release and well before they know what the steel would look like
Sorry mate, thought you meant that members would preemptively open FAC threads on their known assumptions, rather than actual retailer announcements. My bad :rofl:

Reactions: Flloydo
Only really interested in IB and the thing from that list. Maybe Scott pilgrim too (if they all become steels that is)