01.jpg

02.jpg

ukthing1.jpg

ukthing2.jpg

ukthing3.jpg

ukthing4.jpg

ukthing5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this along with drive in the post today (just mentioned in drive thread too) for £8 (drive was £32 + £2.50 shipping for the both) they both turned up absolutely perfect which is a relief because it was cex website and they don't state the condition. This had no slip tho. Not that bothered really either. Well happy

It was originally Play.com exclusive, but due to the closure of their retail operation, excess stock was passed to other retailers.

Reactions: terry44
Finally my patience has paid off, got one on ebay for a good price :scat: Now which 2011 version do i get?

Attachments

• WP_20140325_002[1].jpg
    WP_20140325_002[1].jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 118
  • WP_20140325_003[1].jpg
    WP_20140325_003[1].jpg
    79 KB · Views: 111
  • WP_20140325_004[1].jpg
    WP_20140325_004[1].jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 115
My first horizontal steel :LOL:
View attachment 231898

Great choice

Congrats @Mickle_89 :thumbs:, love this movie :woot:, watch it so many times :cool:
Thanks @harry! :thumbs: Me too, love this movie and as I didn't already own this on blu, I thought I may as well pick it up... ;) This will suffice nicely until FA release theirs next year :whistle::naughty:
Fair play @Mickle_89 it's a beaut! :thumbs:
One of the essential steels to own @Mickle_89 :thumbs: Congrats!
Can't wait for the FA release of this .

tumblr_n9jqilkXAj1s1v3r1o3_r1_500.gif

Completely agree

One of my favourite sci fi horrors and i love this steel. I also watch this quite a lot too lol

Looking forward to what FA do

Even though it did not do amazing box office in the cinema it had big success with video rental and later video/Dvd/Blu-ray sales
Blade Runner was also out the same time and was not a box office hit and both films had to compete with ET at the same time

Both The Thing and Blade Runner later became cult films with fantastic home media success

The UK Blu ray of the Thing is better than the USA release because it has the full version of the extra terror takes shape documentary

This steelbook is one of my earliest releases in my collection

I didn't know that the UK steelbook (which I have) is more complete in terms of extras than the USA release. I predict a full 4K release of this classic at some stage. If I were doing the supposed forthcoming deluxe steelbook I'd be leaving space for a 4K pressing.

Love the movie totally .

This steelbook I no way think the artwork is deserving of how important this movie is .

Those of you that like it good on ya .

Me carnt and wont buy it as it it just so damb fugley .

Hope the FAC goes with the orrigonal poster art .

Love the Mondo of it .